Chapter 3: Sick Day

Reika woke up in a cold sweat, her mind felt numb and hazy. She wasn't sure what was wrong with her, but she suddenly felt sick. She rolled around in her bed and stared at the clock which read 4:35 am. She didn't know why she woke up feeling like this, but she knew if she tried to go outside, the chances of running into Illumi where higher than staying inside. She decided to stay in bed and sit in her own sweat.

She ended up staying wide awake until 6:00 am when her duties started. While she got dressed her head was spinning, she hated feeling weak like this. Today she was supposed to standby in the main house to offer aid to anyone who needed it. She was glad she wouldn't have to be around the kids just in case she really was sick.

She walked to the main house in a daze and swore up and down that she wouldn't pass out. When she entered the large house, she stood by the main door and leaned her body against a nearby table.

"What's wrong with you?" Gotoh the head butler asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Reika lied, no pain shot through her head, so she figured Illumi's needle let her lie to others just fine.

"That's an obvious lie." Well lying this time wasn't as easy as she thought it was going to be.

"I'm just feeling a little sick, that's all." She wasn't sure when she got sick, but she knew that her body wanted to be horizontal at this current moment.

"Go rest then. I have everything covered here." Gotoh responded noticing the slight sway in her body.

"Are you sure I can still-"

"Reika, you're with me today." Illumi said as he walked down the stairs.

"Yes, master." Reika stood up straighter and bowed her head.

"Master Illumi, Reika is-" Gotoh tried to explain, but Illumi cut him off.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

"Yes, master Illumi." Gotoh eyed Reika and noticed her still bowing.

"Go change. I'll see you at the bottom of the testing gate." Illumi stated as he walked out the door, Reika nodded and straightened her back.

"I won't stop you from your duties, but be careful, especially around master Illumi. Don't let him see that you're weak." Gotoh warned Reika who simply nodded and left.

Reika really wish Illumi would've told her he was going to use her today, or she wouldn't have bothered showing up to the main house. On her way to back she saw Killua running around with another butler struggling to keep up.

"Young master Killua, don't run yourself out." Reika smiled as the boy heard her and ran to her.

"Rei! Are you here to play with me? All these other butlers are no fun." Killua pouted and crossed his arms.

"Sorry master Killua, I have a different assignment today." Reika bent down and patted the silver haired boy on the head.

"Aww no fun!" Killua sighed and ran off in the opposite direction, Reika laughed gently to herself and watched the boy run off into the woods.

Reika made it to her room and closed the door sighing. Another outfit was strewn out on her bed, this time it was a light blue blouse and white skirt. Reika sighed once more upon seeing another girly outfit chosen by Illumi. She quickly changed and let her hair down. Her throat was starting to hurt and her whole body ached. She wasn't quite sure how useful she'd be to Illumi in this state.

Reika was glad she was in sandals instead of heels this time, her feet were much happier. Once she was down the hill, Illumi was there waiting for her. The two silently got into the car and drove off.

In My Mind (Hisoka X OC X Illumi)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें