Chapter 9: An Old Friend

Reika was standing outside the gates of a very expensive hotel. She was leaning her back against the wall and waiting for Hisoka to come out. After a few minutes she saw a very tall bald person run out, he looked to be around his late teens. After him walked out a shorter teen with a bow and arrow across his back.

"New hunters I see." Reika mumbled to herself right as she got a text from Hisoka saying he was on his way out.

Reika lifted herself from the wall and turned to stand right in front of the gate. She saw Hisoka's tall figure walking straight for her.

"Finally passed?" Reika asked as she put her hands behind her head and leaned back slightly.

"Second times the charm~" Reika didn't miss Hisoka's voice at all while he was away.

"I'm surprised you could restrain yourself." She teased as he stepped right in front of her.

"I can when I need to."

"I guess, why don't we-" Reika suddenly felt familiar set of eyes look at her.

Behind Hisoka she saw Illumi staring at her with his usual expressionless face.

"Let's leave, now." Reika said her voice low as her eyes moved back to Hisoka.

"What's the rush?" Hisoka asked, his voice smooth like velvet.

"There's someone here I don't want to see. Can we please just leave?" Reika begged, her eyes moved back to Illumi who continued to watch her.

"And who might that be?" Hisoka went to turn around, but Reika grabbed onto his arm stopping him.

"We're leaving." She held Hisoka by the wrist and dragged him down the hill.

Illumi watched as Reika took Hisoka away by the arm. Once he saw Reika he knew she had removed his needle from her head. Illumi hadn't seen Reika in a few years, he was surprised she had grown in strength from their last meeting.

"Who is it that you're hiding from I wonder." Hisoka's voice drawled as he was pulled away from the hotel.

"No one you need to know about." Reika stated bluntly as she continued to drag Hisoka.

"There's somewhere I want to go." She stopped pulling on Hisoka and stood still, waiting for him to respond.

"Where would you want to go?" Reika asked with an accusatory voice.

"Heavens Arena." Hisoka said to Reika's surprise.

"Why would you want to go there?"

"Just for some fun~"

"I suppose I could come with you. I'm not working right now anyway." Reika folded her arms and thought about it.

"Think of it as a vacation."

Reika looked back up where Illumi was, nervous that he was following them. She had been working nonstop since Hisoka left, she supposed that leaving the country for a few weeks would do her good.

The two left for the airport, Reika continued to look behind her back on the way there. Hisoka pretended not to be curious, but he was dying to know who set his little hell cat on high alert. After a three-day airship ride, the two made it to the city where Heavens Arena was located.

"I'll quickly make it to the 200th floor. Just wait for me." Hisoka said as they stood outside the tall building.

"I'm not entering?" Reika thought she would have some fun and try her luck as well.

"It would be boring for you with the powers you have." Hisoka mentioned.

"Ah I see. I guess I'll explore the city then." Reika sighed and turned away from Hisoka.