Chapter 6: Familiarity

They made it back to the Zoldyck manor at around 3:00 am. Illumi exited the car as Reika unbuckled her seat belt and opened her door. To her surprise Illumi was waiting for her next to her door. She stepped out of the vehicle and immediately tipped over, Illumi was quick to catch her before she fell.

"I'm okay, I'm just a little dizzy." A little dizzy was an understatement, the whole world was spinning in Reika's vision.

"I'll take you back to your room." Upon hearing this Reika quickly pushed herself away from Illumi and put her hands up.

"No, no! I'm fine, I can walk on my own." She had already been carried by Illumi twice now, a third time is what she never wanted to happen.

"Fine, go ahead and try."

Reika nodded and took two more steps before tipping over again.

"Damn it." Reika sighed as she held her hand to her head to steady herself.

Illumi promptly took her arm and reach around her lifting her off the ground. She was thrown off guard and wrapped her arms around his neck before thinking.

"Master, you really don't need to do this." Reika pleaded with him, but it fell on def ears.

Illumi walked over and pushed the testing gate open with one hand. Reika's eyes widened in disbelief as she sat in Illumi's arms. She decided not to mention his absurd strength, but instead sit in silence as he ascended the mountain.

"What if people see." Reika's anxieties surfaced as she imagined her fellow butlers seeing her being held in their master's arms.

"It's 3 am, no one will see." This reassured Reika as they approached the butler's quarters.

Illumi pushed the door open and carried her upstairs to her room. Once there he placed her gently on the bed.

"Rest, you'll be with my brothers tomorrow." Illumi went to leave, but Reika spoke up.

"Wait!" Illumi turned back around and faced her.

"I should thank you. You've done so much for me master Illumi. Thank you very much." Reika wholeheartedly thanked the assassin in front of her.

For a second Reika saw something in Illumi's eyes, but as soon as she saw it, it was gone. Illumi stared at her for a few seconds before turning around and leaving.

'What a weird guy.' Reika sighed and reached up and undid her hair.

Reika slowly got out of bed, the world still spinning, but she managed to undress herself and put on her nightgown. She was sick of being in that dress and she was glad to get rid of the shoes and accessories as she climbed into bed.

The next morning, she woke up a bit later than usual, the drug finally out of her system. She felt refreshed as she washed her face and brushed her teeth. By the time she had put on her usual work outfit it was 8 am. Alluka and Killua usually needed to be taken care of at 10 am so she had one more hour to spare. She walked downstairs and saw Haiti sitting on the sofa.

"Hey Haiti, how are you?" Reika asked the female butler as she approached the living room area.

"Reika? You're back, I thought you were gone forever. Master Illumi isn't that forgiving." Haiti had the same look of concern in her eyes as she did the day Reika left.

"I wasn't in trouble; he just needed my assistance for the day." Reika didn't want to let others know about her 'relationship' with the eldest Zoldyck.

"Ah I see. For a second, I thought he killed you. I was worried." Haiti was a friend of Reika's, she was an adult and looked after Reika since she was much younger than all the other butlers.