Chapter 7: Home

"I'm back." It was late in the afternoon when Reika returned to the small apartment she was living at before moving to the Zoldycks.

"Welcome home~." Two strong arms embraced her from behind as she closed the door.

"When have you ever been affectionate, Hisoka?" Reika pulled herself away from his arms and turned around to see the magician standing in the entryway.

"For as long as I can remember." He responded. Reika shook her head and took off her shoes before she entered the apartment.

"I'm tired, can I please sleep first." Reika asked as she went to the bedroom and took off her bag.

"You know the rules." Hisoka shook his finger 'no' as she let out a groan of discontent.

"It's been a long day though." She tried to protest yet Hisoka was having none of it.

"I get what I want, then you can sleep." Hisoka licked his lips as he stared down at Reika.

"Fine, fine. Let's just get it over with. Oh wait, hold on." Hisoka tapped his foot impatiently as Reika stood in front of the mirror in the room.

She reached up to her forehead and felt for the slightest bump of the needle Illumi had implanted in her. She grabbed it and suddenly felt the familiar headache as well as a wave of his overbearing aura. She felt sick so she steadied herself by reaching a hand out to the wall in front of her as she pulled out the needle. The pain in her head almost stopped her, but she needed it out. Illumi's aura continued to suppress and suffocate her as she pulled harder on the needle. It finally came out and all the pain went away.

"Oh, what's that?" Hisoka asked as he looked at the tinny needle in Reika's hand.

"Just a gift from my old employer." Reika said as she tossed the needle in the bin.

"How interesting." Hisoka looked at her forehead for any signs of blood, but nothing appeared.

"Okay, I feel much better. We can start now." Reika smiled at Hisoka who smirked back at her.

"You know how to rile me up."

"Stop being weird, let's just go." Reika sighed and headed for the door with Hisoka close behind.

The two arrived at an abandoned part of the city where they usual go at it. Hisoka was excited to feel the strength and pull of Reika's aura. Reika didn't entirely miss Hisoka's blood lust, but she tolerated it.

"Are you ready? Same rules as usual?" Reika asked as she stood ten paces away from Hisoka.

"You know how I like it." Hisoka ran his tongue along his lips.

"Sure." Reika said bluntly as she rolled her eyes.

"Start." Hisoka almost moaned.

Reika let her aura fully go and noticed Hisoka's eyes gleam in delight. She took this opportunity to charge him at top speed.

"Oh, have you gotten faster?" Hisoka asked as he prepared himself.

"Probably." Reika jumped into the air and turned her aura into electricity and shot it down at Hisoka.

Hisoka dodged as Reika landed on the ground. He threw five cards at her as she recovered from falling, but the space around her filled with fire, burning up all of the cards as she stood up straight. Reika launched the fire in his direction causing him to jump to the right, Reika was one step ahead of him and threw a barrage of cards back at him. He caught all with bungee gum and launched them back at her. She jumped in the air and turned around and used bungee gum against him. His hand was covered in her gum like aura as she threw him to the left towards an abandoned brick house. Hisoka crash through it and came out laughing.