Chapter 20: Comfy

This takes place a few years later.

Reika was still in bed when Hisoka got up. He shifted the covers ever so slightly as to not disturb her slumber. It was only 8:40 am, still too early for Reika to wake, but Hisoka was ready to be out of the warmth of the bed. Once out of bed he took a quick shower and brushed his teeth, while in the bathroom he took a look at his pale face.

'Hmm, maybe I won't wear the usual makeup. Just for today.' Hisoka thought as he stared into the mirror.

Hisoka exited the bathroom and walked over to where his cell phone sat. He took it and walked into the kitchen while dialing a number.

"Hello~" Hisoka said with his usual sultry voice.

"Ugh why is it you who's calling. Where's Reika?" The voice on the other end held a familiar contempt.

"She's asleep still. Will you and Gon be the good little boys you are and come over to do your usual job? I'm asking in place of Reika, so think like it's her asking you, not me."

"Fine, fine, I don't mind doing this for her anyways, but it's not like I consent to you being with her. She deserves better." Killua stuck up his nose at the thought of the two together.

"Do you think your older brother is more worthy? That's her other option. She did choose me though." Hisoka wore somewhat of a sly smile after say this.

"Illumi? No way. She deserves someone normal, which isn't you either." Killua held Reika in such high regards that he couldn't imagine her dropping herself so low as to be with Hisoka.

"You know it's way past the time where you get to object to us. You had the perfect opportunity to last year, but you stayed silent when asked." Hisoka smirked slightly as the boy on the other end fumbled with his words.

"W-Well you know I can't do that to her. If she's happy then it's fine." Killua pouted on the other end of the phone for having lost the argument.

"Then your dispute about me being with her is void. You and Gon should head over in an hour, Reika and I will be going out once she wakes up." Hisoka shifted the conversation back to where it belonged.

"Okay I'll call Gon. Can I bring Alluka?"

"Reika would love that, so yes *he may come." Hisoka smiled lightly before hanging up the phone.

He entered their closet and put on some clothes fit for what he had planned for the day. He popped his head back into the bedroom and found Reika sleeping in a different position then when he had left her. He approached the bed slowly.

"Rei...Reika. It's time to wake up my little hell spawn." Hisoka shook her slightly and she opened her eyes slowly.

"H-Hisoka? What time is it?" She asked, her voice still full of sleep.

"It's 9:00 am, it's time to get dressed. I have plans for today okay." Hisoka spoke softly to her as she stretched her arms and got out of the bed.

"You have plans? Okay then, I don't have any work today so that will be okay." Reika entered the closet and threw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

She walked into the bathroom and washed her face before brushing her teeth. She figured Hisoka wanted to go have a fight or something like usual. As she thought about leaving the house, she suddenly thought to call Hisoka.

"Hisoka! Did you call Killua and Gon?" She asked from inside the bathroom.

"Yes, they have already been called, you have nothing to worry about." Hisoka entered the bathroom and warped his arms around Reika's waist as she rinsed her mouth.