Do You Listen To Boy In Red?

Now this, this is meta

I have other chapters in the works (Hopefully Not part 2, a Step Brothers AU and another Sleepy Time Story) but I'm eager to get those right so I'm not publishing them yet.
Until then, here's some fluffy confession stuff.

Also, this is extremely unedited.
•••

Micheal is bored. Out of his mind bored. He slouches in front of his desktop, sick of YouTube and Netflix and just wanting to do something.
His fingers fall onto the computers keys, unsure what to type. Micheal throws his head back and sighs. Jesus why can't his brain think of a single thing to do?

Out of sheer boredom, he types in his own name into Google.

Since his social media account are private, there are no pictures of him online. In fact, there isn't a single trace of him. He scrolls through the result pages, tired eyes scan each line.

That's when he notices something.

C h i l l - Boyf Riend One Shots (Micheal x Jeremy)

Hang on- that's Micheal's name. And that's Jeremy's name. He carefully clicks the result and is taken to a website called Wattpad. He's greeted with a bright yellow cover with a picture of him and Jeremy on it. Who took that picture? Why is it on this book? Who wrote a book about him and Jeremy?!

That's when he notices the description.
Our two favorite gays with fluff, angst and even smut.

This is when Micheal breaks into laughter. This has to be a joke. An elaborate prank by Jenna or Rich or something. There's no way there's fanfiction about Micheal and his best friend. That's ridiculous! Everyone knows they're just bros. Best bros. No homo between these bros.

He curiously clicks READ and is greeted with an assortment of chapter titles. Not only has someone written fanficton about him, but they've written loads of mini fanficitons. God, whoever wrote this needs a life.

He scrolls through the titles. New Jersey Needs, You're Sweeter, No Homo . . .
Boy In Red. Huh. Like girl in red! The mouse hovers over the highlighted title. Is Micheal really going to read fanficiotn about him and J- oh wait he's already reading it.

"This is gospel for the fallen ones"

Jeremy steps carefully along the pavement, avoiding every crack and break.

There's no way this is about Jeremy Heere. His music taste is too bland for Panic! At The Disco.

"Locked away in permanent slumber. Assembling their philosophies from pieces of broken memories"

The 11am sun shines directly into his fucking eyes because God is a pompous dick who screws everyone over. Jeremy is walking to Micheals, taking his sweet sweet time. He's been invited over to his boyfriends for breakfast. And he's not supposed to be there for another two hours, but the thought of having a fluffy morning with his boyf got him too excited.

Hold on. Jeremy is walking to Micheal's house . . . but Micheal's his boyfriend? They aren't dating! Micheal goes into fight or flight mode, ready to throw hands with the computer.

He instead places his palms on the desk. Deep breaths Micheal. It's just a story. It's just a story! It can't hurt you. He calms down and keeps reading.

Not . . . not sexually excited. If that's what you're thinking. More like butterfly excitement. Seeing Micheal and talking to him makes him feel like he ate a bag of sugar.