ʀɪᴄʜᴊᴀᴋᴇ || Thats An Onion Ring

In honor of pride month I'm going to be doing one shots of other LGBTQ+ BMC ships, not just boyfriends.

First up, Richjake

••
"Alright alright everyone shut up!" Micheal yells, tapping a fork against his glass.

The 'Squip Squad' were meeting up at a bar near their houses to celebrate Micheal and Jeremy's six month wedding anniversary. They crowd around one tiny table in couples: Chloe and Brooke, Christine and Jenna, Jake and Rich, and of course Micheal and Jeremy.

The tipsy Filipino raises his glass.
"I would like to propose a toast to my beautiful husband. Everyone is lucky to have a soulmate. It's just extra luck for me that my soulmate is my best friend. He's been there for me through everything, and I can't even begin to explain how much he's changed my life. Jeremy Mell-Heere is the hottest, kindest, wonderfulest, sexiest human I have ever met. These six months have been the greatest six months of my life, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my months with you. I love you so fucking much"

A tipsy Jeremy gets to his feet, tears streaming down his grinning cheeks.
"Micheal Mell-Heere, I love you even fucking more"

The happy couple kiss passionately, as the rest of the group cheer and holler. Jake laughs, getting up to grab some food from the bar.

"I'm getting some salted peanuts. Anyone want anything?" He asks politely.

"Can you get some fries? Oh! And some onion rings" Christine smiles, resting her head on her girlfriends shoulder.

"You want anything babe?" Jake places a hand on Rich's shoulder.
Rich just shakes his head silently. Jake kisses his hair before getting the snacks. He immediately noticed that something is very off with his boyfriend, and he'll have to ask about it later. But first, he has to bring Christine her fries.

He places the basket in front of the Asian girl, putting  the onion rings in front of himself and Rich. The crowd goes back to chattering and drinking, but Rich just stares at the beer stain on the wooden table. His eyes are sad, lost in thought. He unconsciously bites his lip.
Jake watches him with pained eyes. It hurts him so bad to see his boyfriend like this. Rich was literally and figuratively damaged after the Squipcident. Jake doesn't know what blow could cause a relapse.

"Hey" Jake says softly, awakening Rich from his trance. Though his eyes are focused, he doesn't look at his boyfriend.
"I know somethings up, Richie. What's wrong?"

Rich hesitates, before rubbing his eye with his index finger. He turns to Jake, and offers a half smile. "It's nothing"

"Babe" the taller boy interlocks their fingers under the table. "It's okay. You can tell me"

Rich sighs gently.
"It's just...." he looks over to the Boyfs, who are laughing and kissing without a care in the world. "......Micheal and Jeremy. They're married. They're so happy. And I mean I'm super happy for them too but..........."

Jake squeezes his hand, prompting him to go on. "I just feel like I'll never have that. My whole life I've been told that I'm worthless and I'll never be happy. And I mean, maybe that's just it. Maybe I'll never have the white picket fence that they have. Or maybe I won't have a fence at all. I don't know. I probably sound stupid but I just think that I'll never have the happy married life that they do.  Hell, nobody will ever want to marry me"

Jake leans over, and gently kisses Rich on the cheek. "Hey" he repeats. "You're not worthless. You are the greatest, funniest, hottest, shortest person I have ever met and I love you more then you'll ever wrap your head around. You deserve the whitest picket fence out there. And I'd like to spend everyday, trying to give you the happy life you deserve"

The tall boy spots the basket of onion rings. He takes the large snack, and pushes his chair out from the table. Rich watches with wide eyes as his boyfriend goes down onto one knee, and brandishes the onion ring in his face.
"Rich Goranski, I love you so fucking much"

"Jake........."

"You are my soulmate, and my best friend and all the other stuff Micheal said in his speech"

Tears streak down Rich's face.

"You are also incredible in bed" Jake adds, making the short boy laugh.
"So, Richie, will you marry me?"

The entire table has stopped chatting, and is watching this proposal with hands over their mouths.

Rich laughs through his tears, nodding.
"Of fucking course I'll marry you, you big dork"

Applaud explodes around them, as a crying Jake slips the onion ring on Rich's left hand. Rich grabs his boyfriends- no, his fiancés face and pulls him into a kiss. They clutch each other desperately, still giggling uncontrollably. When they finally pull away, Jake envelopes the short boy in a hug.

"You know I'll get you a REAL ring right?" He whispers in his ear.

"You don't need to. This is all perfect. You're perfect. I love you so much" Rich whisper-rambles back.

"I love you more"

Rich pulls back and cups Jakes face.
"Don't test me bitch"

"We just got engaged and you're already back to the pet names"

"Hey, you're marrying me"

"Yeah" Jake grins. "Yeah I am"

•••
FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF
I hope that all of you are having an amazing Pride Month!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💖🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈
LOVE IS LOVE MOTHERFUCKEEERRSSS

Also I'm doing one shots of Pinkberry and Expensive Headphones. Any other ship requests?

- Avery