Please Dont Go [ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀʏ]

[YEET VIOLENCE
also I'm writing this at 2am don't judge]

TW: school shooting, slight Avengers Endgame Spoiler (it's more of a reference then a spoiler but ya know)

There was a shooter.
School ended. Jeremy stayed for play rehearsal. Micheal waited for him. There were still kids in the corridor.
Kids were regrouping after football practice or a study session in the library.

Micheal and Jeremy walked down the long, empty corridor, cracking up over some joke someone had made. They were just passing the cafeteria when they heard a loud bang!
A gunshot.

People scream, and there are several more shots. Jeremy jumps behind a wall, hiding from the bullets. He scrunched up his eyes as his heart thumped a tattoo into his chest.
He crumpled with fear. His legs grew weak just ass someone grabbed his arm.
Micheal. Micheal was saying something to him, but he was blocked out by a loud ringing. He pulled Jeremy's arm one more time before the pair sprinted back down the empty hallway.

There are more gunshots, but Jeremy didn't turn around for a second. The sprinted until they finally turned a corner.
Jeremy was a few meters ahead of Micheal. He slowed down to a stop, and caught his breath.

He managed a relieved chuckle.
"Christ on a cracker! That was a close one"

"H-h-Hey Mr Stark?" Micheal piped up. Jeremy turned around to see his friend holding his stomach. Blood started to seep through his fingers.
"I-I don't feel so good"

Micheals eyes rolled back, and he collapsed. Jeremy slid onto his knees, catching Micheal in his arms.
"Oh my god Micheal!"

He held his friends face weakly, as tears streamed down his cheeks.
"Hey hey hey look at me look at me it's okay it's okay"

Micheal swallowed, obviously grimacing in pain.
"J-Jeremy......."

"shhhh it's okay. It's okay we'll get help. SOMEBODY! PLEASE! GET HELP!" Jeremy screamed into the empty corridor.

Micheal stared up at his friend, desperately clutching at Jeremy's shirt collar as he tried not to cry.
"Jeremy.....please......."

"it's okay Micheal I got you"

Jeremy finally looked to Micheal wound. Dark, thick blood oozed all over their bodies. He quickly instructed Micheal to take a deep breath, before using his free hand to apply pressure to the wound. Micheal let out a strangled cry.

"please just......just stop Jere....."

Jeremys eyes were broken and pained.
"w-what?"

"you're hurt Jere......you need to get help..."

Jeremy finally noticed his arm. There was a small cut from where a bullet grazed him. All the adrenaline must have cancelled out the pain.

Jeremy chuckled weakly, propping Micheal up so that their heads were closer together.
"you're the one bleeding on the floor and you're worried about my graze"

"you need.......to get yourself help" Micheal protested desperately.

Jeremy swallowed.
"no. No I'm not leaving you micha okay? I'm gonna get you out of here"

"you're okay?" Micheal was getting weaker by the minute.

"don't worry about me Micha I'm gonna be fine. We're both gonna be fine. You're gonna get patched up and we're gonna do to 7/11 and get some slushies and play AOTD till we smash the TV with frustration."

Micheal laughed weakly, tears falling heavily now. Jeremy tried to smile through his pain to reassure Micheal.

"we can do whatever you want no matter what it is" he whispered.

"I....I don't wanna go Mr Stark" Micheal chuckled weakly, but there was fear in his voice.

"p-please I don't wanna go" he said more desperately this time. 

Jeremy cupped his face.
"no no no you're okay. Look at me just lol at me you're gonna be fine. You'll be fine Micheal. I love you so unbelievably much I won't let you die okay?"

"you......love me?"

All common sense flew out the window.
"so much Micheal. So unbelievably fucking much-"

He was cut off my Micheals lips weakly slamming against his. He passionately kissed back, holding Micheals head. The kiss tasted like tears but they didn't care. They kissed until Micheal didn't have the strength anymore.

"I love you 3000" Micheal smiled.

He took a final shake breath.
"bye Mr Stark"

"Micheal?" Micheals eyes turned glassy.
"No no no no no HELP! WE NEED HELP! Please Micheal please don't go please stay here with me please! Please don't go Micheal....please don't go......"

Jeremy threw his head back and let out a scream. His lungs burned and his heart ripped from his check. But still no one came.
Jeremy presses his shaking lips against Micheals forehead, gently closing his friends eyes as he did.
He finally croaked, "Bye kid"

•••
The angst we all needed.
Btw I got so sad writing this it's not even funny like fml
- Bree