Soul For A Soul . . . Right? [1/2]

Readers: hey can we have some fluff?
Me: angst?
Readers: no..no...fluff is fine
Me: angst?
Readers: Nope you did a poll and we said we wanted fluff so-
Me: so you want angst?
Readers: I mean, smut would be cool too but if you could just do some fluff-
Me: I'll do angst
•••

"So the stone is on some planet called v- uh, vor-myre?"

"Vormir, you ignorant slut. And yes, we have a craft that can drop two of us off there to retrieve it"

"Easy" Rich shrugs. "What's the catch?"

"Yeah I have no idea" Brooke explains. "No one has ever gone to Vormir and, well, come back"

"Sounds festive" Micheal claps his hands together. "So we go to this planet, get the soul stone, and then we can get this infinity plan a rolling?"

"Sounds like it" Chloe says. "Any volunteers?"

"Hey Jer! Wanna go to space?" Micheal yells across the room.

"It's a date!" Jeremy calls back

"This is an awful date"
The purple and pink sky glares down at Jeremy, taunting his fear. Micheal playfully shoulders him.

"Come on babe. There's nothing more romantic than a scary cliff in the middle of space that we know nothing about"

Jeremy pulls a face, and Micheal pouts.
"What? You scared or something?"

"Psshhh no fuck off" Jeremy grumbles, holding his elbows.

Michael throws up his hands.
"Fine then, lets get up this mountain and get this fancy rock so we can save the universe"

Micheal takes about six steps before he realises that his boyfriend hasn't budged. He smiles with a chuckle.
"You okay there, Jer?"

"Yes"

"Do you need to hold my hand?"

"'Bout time you fuckin' offered"

Their hands slip together as they have a million times before. The pair walk up the winding path that leads to the top of the mountain. It feels a hundred feet high, tall and rectangular. Pertruding from the top are two large pillars- not unlike prongs. The mystical skies haunt with the shape of forgotten planets, painted blue and angry red. Fear strikes into the two boys hearts, intimidated by the sight before them.

The path is uneven and jagged. Every rock threatens to break under their feet. The drop gets higher and higher, the threat of danger looming darker over them.

They reach the top of the mountain, the air eerily still. The remains of snowflakes linger in the air. White speckles across the ground, crunching softly under their feet. Jeremys knees shake as his palms sweat. It's oddly warm, but chills run down Jeremys spine. Michael squeezes his hand comfortingly, but it's in vain. 

Jeremy slips his hand out of Micheals, stalking over to the the edge. The skies are almost orange from up here, vibrant behind the midnight clouds. Jeremy drops his eyes for a second, and immediately his legs go to jelly. The ground looks miles away.