I cleared my throat and stared at my soon-to-be husband smiling at me.

"Blake Sobreval, I know things have been crazy for us for the last couple of years. We fell in love, fell apart, and now that we've reunited, I have no intention of running away from you again. I love you, and I am so done invalidating my feelings for you. I know that after all this time, I deserve to be happy. We deserve to be happy, Blake. I promise to honor and cherish you as my loving husband for the rest of my life. It's going to be quite a journey but I wouldn't mind it as long as I am with you. There is nothing in this world that I would choose over you and our happiness."

Tears shimmered in my eyes as I spoke those words. Emotions went in and out in Blake's eyes as he stared at me with his dark paradise. His features were ragged, as it's always been. Even when we were young before, he looked mature for his age. He intimidated other boys and weakened the girls with his sharp eyes. Hindi na nakakapagtaka na maraming nahumaling sa kaniyang babae during his younger years.

But during the years that we were apart, something in his eyes changed. I can't point my finger on it but for some reason, it became... softer. The glow in his eyes are more welcoming compared to the last I could remember. He looked at me as if I'm the most fragile thing he'd seen and held me with so much tenderness. I was always crazy for his ruthless eyes before but now that I've witnessed the shift, it dawned on me that softness is not bad at all. People always mistook softness for weakness where in fact it is bravery. Being soft and kind in this cruel world is the bravest thing you can do.

"Savannah Brielle De la Rua, when I first saw you I didn't know you'll be such a big part of my life. Had I known that you're going to whip me, mind, body, and soul, I would've hold you a little closer, kiss you a little longer, and hug you a little tighter so I won't lose you. What's done is done. I've decided to spend the rest of my life with you and will never let you go. If I'm going to work myself to death every day of my life so that I could be deserving of you, I will. I live for you. I love you."

I blinked the unshed tears from my eyes as I felt Blake squeezing my hand while looking at me with his clear, direct eyes. This is a man of his words, and whatever promises he'd spoken just now, I know he's going to keep it for as long as he can. As long as he's still alive.

"Savanah Brielle De la Rua, do you take Blake Sobreval as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"I do." I said without breaking my gaze off him.

"Blake Sobreval, do you take Savannah Brielle De la Rua as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"I do."

"By the power vested in me, and as witnessed by friends, I now pronounce you, man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Blake pulled me closer and covered my mouth with his as the church bell rang and the entire church buzzed with joy from the small audience who did not evne know us. The priest smiled at us and nodded.

"Dito na kayo mag-agahan, mga anak at mukhang pagod kayo sa biyahe."

Still ecstatic, I turned to him and smiled gratefully while holding Blake's hands. It's a shame I have to end the kiss, but I'll have more of him later when we settle down and have our own privacy.

"Salamat po, father."

Gaya nga ng pangako niya ay ipinaghanda kami ng mga madre at kinausap. I thought they were very modest and elusive, but they were really chatty and friendly towards us. I could see the dream in their eyes, reflecting the happiness I felt today on my wedding day.