Knocking on death's door

Start from the beginning

Liam's eyes flashed from me to Scott and back again. "Have you guys done something like this before?"

"Well that depends. Something dangerous or something idiotci?" My sister asked the freshman.

I sigh, "I'm gonna be honest it's a yes to both. And an extreme stretch, but options are low."

Scott looked right at his beta. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

"I'm not scared." Liam said with a hint of doubt.

"Good then you're just as crazy as the rest of us." Lottie said with a smirk.

Stiles put his hand on the beta's sholder, "And borderline idiotic." he removed his hand turning back to Scott, "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that right?"

Kira shook her head, "How do we even know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott explained.

"And Simon said the same thing to me right before he almost shot my brains out." Stiles added. "He said he couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So the rdicusly dumb idea is, what if you kill someon on the deadpool, but you cant send proof?" I explain to Kira, Lottie, and Liam's perplexed faces.

"You don't get paid." Isaac pursed his lips. "Yeah I don't get it."

"Isaac right. How does that get us any closer to the benefactor?"

"He.. or a guess she.. Needs to know if the target's really dead." Lottie said catching on.

"Exactly. Especially if it's someone high on the list."

"Not just high but the highest." I finished for Stiles. Deep down I knew I was only okay with this because I knew everyone came out alive on the other side.

"So if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam stars.

Scott nods, "He has to come get it himself."

"All right. Stiles" Stiles turns to face me, "How good are your acting skills?"

~

"SCOTT!" I cried dragging Stiles behind me for our cover up. "Scott!" Tears started to form in my eyes.

Stiles' breath became uneven as nurses shoved us out of the ER. We watched as they gave him shocks, tears starting to come from Stiles as. Even if we didn't have a way to bring him back I knew the shocks would only make it worse for the wolf.

Neither of us could hear what Liam's step-father was saying inside the ER, but we watched anyway. Hand in hand Stiles and I watched our best friend die. And if we ran out of time, stay dead. I'm just amazed none of the doctors got sight of any kinies or red eyes.

We watched as Dr. Geyer bent over the ER bed, sighing he spoke into his wrist. The entire room looked scared out of their minds. It was quite, so quiet I heard the words, "Would someone please page Melissa McCall."

I let out a scream turning into Stiles' shoulder. Melissa came running down the hall. I let out another sob as Melissa pushed into the hospital's ER. Once other nurses came towards the noise of Mrs. McCall's screams they started to push me and Stile Back.

As soon as we were far enough away that Melissa's screams would cover everything up we stopped. "I'll go to the morgue check in with Kira and her mom. And you know, make sure Liam doesn't have a mental breakdown and end up ripping a door off. You go setup the computers. The room they were keeping Braeden in should be empty."