Chapter 20

Katniss POV

***

As I reach the meadow that's in front of the woods, I see a familiar figure. Gale?

He turns around and as soon as he sees me his face lights up. "Catnip!",he screams and runs towards me. He embraces me in a tight hug. I'm to confused to respond. Once I come to my senses I push him off.

"Wow Catnip!"
"Go away Gale"
"What?"
"I said go away!"
"Are you okay Katniss"

He's using my real name.
He's serious.

"I'm fine"
"You sure?"
"IM FINE!"
"Wow"
"Go back to 2 Hawthorn"
"Catnip"

He grabs my hands and I look at him. He says, "I moved back to 12"
"Why!?"
"To-t-t-to... To be with you"

He then does something unimaginable. He kisses me.

I shove him off and scream in his face,"YOU KILL MY SISTER THEN YOU KISS ME!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GALE!?!"
"Wow wow wow. Calm down Katniss"
"NO NO I CANT BELIEVE YOU I-"
"KATNISS I LOVE YOU"
"WHAT!?!"
"I love you"

I shove him away and storm off. He catches up with me by the time I get to victors village and grabs my arm. "Catnip"
"No"
"Katniss"
"GALE JUST GET OVER ME! I LOVE PEETA!"

His face turns pale. Peeta comes out of his house and looks at us. Gale runs up to Peeta and pulls out a knife. "NOOOOO",I scream, and without thinking, shoot him in the arm with an arrow.

Oh my god. "GET HIM TOO THE INFIRMARY!!!",I scream."What?",asks Peeta. Uhg! My divergent fangirl things are happening again. "THE HOSPITAL!"

We then rush Gale to to infir- I mean the hospital and on the whole way there I have this one thought constantly going through my mind.

I still hate him.