Chapter 5

Katniss POV

I wake up and Peeta's there, of course. I try not to wake him up. "Good", I whisper to myself, "He didn't wake up". I then pick out an outfit, a plain green T-shirt with kaki pants, and head to the bathroom to take a shower.

I get back and Peeta's still asleep. "Aww", I whisper to myself. What can I say? My boy with the bread is just so adorable! I gently peck his lips to wake up. He wakes up and greets me with a smile. "Hello girl on fire", he says to me. "Hello my little bread boy", I reply and give him a kiss on the cheek. "I can go make breakfast", I offer, knowing he will decline.

I'm a horrible cook. Peeta has tried to teach me ,but lets just say it ended up with a very unhappy Hamitch. He said he forbids me from cooking again. Hehe. I kinda sorta caught the kitchen on fire... But don't worry its ok! Now Hamitch and Peeta make sure to always have a fire extinguisher handy. Hehe.

"Umm, are you sure thats a good idea Katniss?",Peeta asks with a cautious look on his face, "I mean, remember...". "Oh",I say with a chuckle, "Never mind". "Ok I'm gonna take a shower then I'll make breakfast, ok?", Says Peeta. "Ok", I reply with a smile.

Peeta picks out a black T-shirt and kaki pants and heads to the bathroom. I go down stairs and sit on the sofa. Humm, not much to watch on TV. Well, whatever. I turn on the TV.

"Hello everyone! I am Caesar Flickerman! Nice to see you all. So, today I am interviewing FINNICK ODAIR!!!"

WHAT! BUT HE'S DEAD!!! I pause the TV and scream, "PEETA!!!".

"WHAT? WHAT IS IT? ARE YOU OK!?!", He screams as he runs down the stairs.

"Finnick is is is...", I studder.

"What? He's what?", Peeta asks, holding my hand.

"Peeta. Finnick Odair is alive".