Chapter 25

Katniss POV

"Katniss?" Asks Peeta with a grin.
"Yes?"
"Will you go on a date with me today?"
"OH PEETA, OF COURSE!!!"

I grab Peeta and throw my arms around him, kissing him. We kiss until we have to pull away for breath.

"So, it's a date?" Asks Peeta, his eyes gleaming. "Of course lover boy," I reply with a smirk. He laughs and I hit him playfully.

***

"Katniss ready to go?" Asks Peeta as he knocks on our bedroom door.

I'm wearing a dress that...Cinna designed for me. After he...died, people searched his house and found many dresses that he designed for me. They sent them to me. The one I am currently wearing is a strapless dress that goes down to my ankles. It is white in the torso area and then the colors fade from white, to yellow, to orange, and finally to a bright fiery red.

I open the door and Peeta stands there with a picnic basket. He's staring at me. I blush slightly.

"What?"
"Katniss, you're beautiful!"

I blush and reply, "Oh Peeta, no I'm not."
"Yes you are!"
"Okay fine!"
"You are most defiantly Katniss Everdeen. My girl on fire."
"And you are my little bread boy."

I kiss the tip of his nose and we leave the house.

***

We've been walking for a while now. Peeta won't tell me where we're going! He even blindfolded me!

"Okay Katniss we're here," Says Peeta as he takes off my blindfold. My jaw drops in amazement as I look at the scene in front of me. We're in the meadow that lays along the opening to the forrest. There's a picnic laid out with cheesebuns, grooseling, berries, and bread. Just like my dream... JUST LIKE MY DREAM!

My mind suddenly refers back to the dream I had not to long ago. Peeta and I, on a date, and he... He proposed.

OMGOMGOMG WHAT IF PEETA IS PROPOSING TO ME!!!!! We're only 18... FUCK IT I DON'T CARE!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I look up at Peeta and smile. I give him a gentle peck on the lips.

As we sit down on the blanket I see Peeta stick his hand in his pocket, as if he's looking for something.

***

We finish up eating and Peeta grabs my hand. It's directly at sunset and it's beautiful. Peeta's favorite color. He is so perfect. He grabs my hand and lifts me to my feet. He then gets down on one knee and says,

"Katniss Everdeen. When I first saw you that day in kindergarten I knew there was something special about you. When the teacher asked who know the valley song your hand shot straight up. Your beautiful singing silenced the birds. I instantly feel in love with you, and just like my father, I knew I was a goner. After that I watched you walk home everyday. Not in a crazy stalker way, but you know...in like a cute crush way. I always had wanted to talk to you but I couldn't. And plus, I had thought that you were either related to Gale, or his girlfriend. I remember that day I threw you the bread. I got a beating for that. But I didn't care, and up to this day, I still don't care. I didn't see you for a while after that. Then, came the reaping. As Prim was reaped my mind was screaming, 'No not Prim'. I had remembered Prim because I saw her looking at the cakes in the windows at the bakery. When you volunteered for her I remembered that she was your sister. I was so upset that you were going into the hunger games. I almost cried, right there, in front of everyone. It was even worse when I was reaped. At the time I had thought that it was the most horrible thing that could happen ever, but as I think back to it, me getting reaped was kinda a good thing. I swore to myself that day, that I would protect you with my life. So, things happened, we won the hunger games. Then the quarter quell. Katniss, that time on the beach with you was the best time of my life, even if we were in the hunger games. After the quell I got kidnapped and...hijacked. Sorry about that... But you still loved me. We won the war, but grew apart. But then, we grew back together!"

Peeta pulls out a small box and opens it. Inside is the pearl that Peeta gave me in the quell on a ring. Engraved in the pearl is, always. I feel tears of joy start to stream out of my eyes.

"Katniss Everdeen? Will you make me the happiest baker alive and do me the honor of becoming Katniss Mellark?"

"YES!" I scream, "YES PEETA I'LL MARRY YOU!"

I grab him and kiss him passionately.

As we pull away he slips the ring on my finger.

He picks me up and spins me around. My dress flowed in the wind and I looked like, well, I looked like I was on fire!

Peeta stopped spinning me and picked me up bridle style.

***

I lay my head down on Peeta's lap, playing with my ring, as I look up at Peeta.

"Always," Peeta says and kisses me.

Always...