Chapter 39

Katniss POV

I slam the door on Gale's face.

"Who wants to watch a movie?" I ask, turning around.

"I'll watch one," Says Prim.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. I don't feel sorry for that bastard. He tried to kill me! Let's leave him out there and watch a movie."

"Um...What are we watching?" Asks Peeta.

"Allegiant Part 2."

"What's that?" Asks Prim.

"You can't show her the last movie, she hasn't even seen the first!" Peeta exclaims.

"Oh, fine," Sighs Prim, "You can watch it. I'll go watch The Maze Runner with Effie at her house."

"Yay!" Effie squeals, hugging Prim.

"Isn't Gale's daughter still over there?" Asks Peeta.

"Didn't think about that," Prim admits sheepishly.

"Katniss!" Gale calls through the door.

"What!?"

"I need my kid back..."

I sigh, opening the door.

Effie, Haymitch, Peeta, Prim, Gale, and I walk to Hayffie's house. Effie opens the door and a little girl about 7 stumbles out. She has long light brown hair and green eyes. Green eyes? Is her mom from District 4? I'll have to ask Gale.

"Hi, Dada," She smiles, showing her teeth. She has a few gaps. Probably from baby teeth falling out.

"What the hel-heck, Gale? I thought your girlfriend just had her!" I yell.

"No. Actually, her parents were watching her and I knew nothing about her. They recently died in a fire and she was given to me. I don't know how I'm gonna take care of a kid, Katniss."

I sigh, rubbing my head.

"I'm Passssly," The little girl giggles, hugging me tightly.

I stumble back and gently push her away. I'm not really one for affection.

"Pasly?" I ask, turning to Gale.

"Paisley."

"That's pretty," Smiles Effie. Then, she crouches down, looking Paisley in the eyes. "Is your movie finished?" She asks.

"Yes, Aant Effieeeeee!" She giggles, twirling around.

Effie laughs and hugs her, Paisley hugging back, the corners of her mouth turned up in a smile.