~XXX~

A/N

dont own bnha

ALSO, I.2 K VOTES?! WTH. thanks you guys, it means a lot to me that you guys enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writing it 🥺

also also, i cant write action scenes for shiiiiiiit

enjoy!! :D

I bite my lip, narrowing my eyes at Todoroki

I bite my lip, narrowing my eyes at Todoroki. He gazed at me calmly, eyes half lidded with boredom. How rude! I got into a fighting stance, and Todoroki shifted slightly into his own battle stance. I raised my eyebrows. Does this guy really rely on his quirk? Shouldn't he also be using martial arts and stuff like that?

"This is a quirk based spar. You may begin," Endeavour says. I huff, and charge at Todoroki, catching him off guard. Todoroki sends a wave of ice my way, and I dodge, retaliating with a gust of fire. He blocks that with ice and sends fire my way, and I scoff. I'm fireproof – what is this guy tryna achieve?

I let the waves wash over me, and my skin warms up nicely. Like a hug. I send fire his way and shoot flame balls, all attacking him in different directions. He can't stop all of them! Todoroki sends ice spikes towards the fire balls, and they all extinguish in record time. Right... I'm fighting a prodigy. What did I expect?

I charge right at him, while dodging numerous ice spikes, and use a fist covered in fire to punch him in the gut, which makes him stumble backwards. I use that to my advantage and send a gust of fire that has him falling to the floor. Then, before I could finish him off, he has me encased with ice. I melt all of that away with one really hot blast (which made my head spin), and swing a fire whip (which I made on the spot! I'm so cool!) at him, to which he dodges. The strain of creating something in such a short amount of time makes my head hurt even more, but I create a cat-o-nine tails whip (and I'm surprised at how I could make this. Last time I did was in practise and I nearly blacked out) and flick it at Todoroki with a flick of my wrist. Todoroki couldn't avoid it, and his skin turned tender. I blink.

"Hey, aren't you fire-"

But before I can finish my sentence, I collapse from the sheer amount of quirk over usage (pathetic, I know). Todoroki stares down at me with slightly concerned eyes as I struggle to get up.

Am I really this weak? A billion thoughts similar to this one rush through my head, and I grit my teeth. Todoroki encases me with ice and places that same ice gag in my mouth.

I clench my eyes in defeat, and soon, I pass out.

----------------

"You don't have enough stamina for your quirk," Endeavour states, sitting in front of me. Todoroki is somewhere else, probably not wanting to be near his father, leaving me alone with the number 2 hero. I blink at him, and take a sip of my water. "And it seems like you don't eat enough food for your quirk, too."

At this, I frown. I've had this quirk for eleven years, and I wasn't taking care of it properly? Guess that's why I was so pathetic back then.

"Your fire isn't normal fire. I assume that's why Shoto got hurt by your fire," Endeavour continues, and I mull everything over. That makes sense. "It's also fuelled by the food you eat. Haven't you realised you got really hungry afterwards?"