~XXII~

A/N

I don't own bnha!

Wowza, it's the cavalry battle! 

i made a revamped version of nori's costume, since i didnt like the look of the old one lol. i'm gonna reveal it in a few chapters, so stay tuned lol.

ALSO I HATE HOW THIS CHAPTER TURNED OUT LMAO I CANT DO ACTION SCENES LIKE THIS FUCK

"Are you... All Might's secret lovechild, or something?"

"A cavalry battle?" Denki whispered anxiously

"Let me explain!" Midnight said, her voice cheerful. "The participants can can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as any cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is..."

I listened with anticipation, though, I already knew what was gonna happen.

"... Based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point value," Midnight continued. Her back was facing us, so she looked over her shoulder, a sultry smile on her face.

"So basically, every team has a different amount of points," I whispered. Ochako placed a finger on her chin.

"And it's a point based system too, like in the entrance exam!" Ochako murmured. Midnight cracked her whip and glared at us.

"You guys don't hold back even when I'm talking, huh?!" Midnight growled out, an exasperated expression on her face. She sighed, however, and nodded. "Yes, that's right. And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom."

Huh... so that gives me...

195 points. Let's goooo!

"So 42nd gets 5 points and 41st gets 10 points!" Midnight explained. "And the points assigned to 1st place is..."

I held my breath, looking at Izuku with sympathy.

"... Ten million!"

Oh, my poor brother. I hope you cope well. Izuku went pale.

Everyone looked at my brother with hungry eyes, all of them knowing that you can win just by taking his headband. Even I knew that, and I held back on first place just so I can get away from being a target. Sorry, little twin, but there's no way I'm gonna end up in your team...

I'm such a bad brother, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

-------------

After Midnight explained the rules, we were all free to choose our groups. We only had fifteen minutes, however. I saw Katsuki look in my direction and I hastily walked away from his gaze. There's no way he wants to partner up with me! I'm still pissed at him! I headed for Todoroki instead, walking quickly. Once I reached him, I stared into his eyes. He raised an eyebrow.