~XXXVIII~

a/n

sorry i havent updated in a while. i got into a weird funk and had writers block.

updates may take longer now since school is gonna be more demanding <3

also we've all seen the series right? i wont talk about the other matches besides the first and nori's .

(in this chapter: the physical exams! brother talk! and a scene with hanta sero??? alone???? lucky nori...)

enjoy :)

"Eh, nii-chan, Uraraka-san

"Eh, nii-chan, Uraraka-san... you're here too?" Izuku asks from the doorway of the observation room. Recovery Girl is with us, and she briefly spares him a glance before doing some typing.

"Ah! Yes... Hanta and I agreed to talk about our plan when our fight is close," I explain. 

"My partner is... busy..." Ochako says, and we all sigh in unison. A brief vision of Aoyama checking himself out in the windows entered our minds.

"The first exam is about to begin..."

------------

First up, Eijirou and Mineta.

They were utterly defeated by Cementoss. Basically, Eijirou tried to do the same thing he did in canon – breaking down the walls with his hardening. Obviously that didn't work because Cementoss' quirk could rebuild the walls in the blink of an eye. Mineta's quirk would've been useful if it weren't for him panicking and throwing the balls haphazardly. Mineta did try capturing Cementoss with his quirk, however, but the cement walls kept blocking them. 

Due to these reasons, they failed.

The rest of the following matches went as canon.

-----------

"Do you have a plan?" Hanta asks, rubbing the back of his head. I blink, and turn to him. "Do we flee or fight?"

"To be honest, fleeing is the safest choice, even though it's cowardly. Midnight's quirk can knock us out in an instant, and unless you can hold your breath for a pretty long time, you should probably run away," I mutter. Hanta nods along. "We need to go around the edge of the arena, and make it to the finish line. If we run into her, we should probably run. If she initiates a fight, I'll take her on. I don't think she specialises in close combat."

"No, if she initiates, I'll use my tape to throw you closer to the finish line. They say only one of us needs to go, right?" Hanta says. I blink, then frown.

"That's a backup plan," I say. Hanta grins.

"Thanks for putting my idea into consideration! Usually others wouldn't let me sacrifice myself..."

"If it gets the job done, it's fine. But if I was leaving you to your death... I'd come back for you."

"As expected of you, Iku-kun."