The Mystery of Midoriya Hisashi

A/N

OOooohh!! This is Something that ive been planning for a long time!!

dont own bnha!

two updates in a row?! am i sick or something?!

It was the next day, and it was bright and early

It was the next day, and it was bright and early. I smiled as Izuku struggled to eat his food, until Inko shuffled in, clutching her phone tightly. 

"Boys... kaa-san wants to talk to you about something..." Inko muttered, but we both heard it. She sat down and showed us a text message. I raised an eyebrow, but read it anyway.

Sender: Midoriya Hisashi

Subject: Congrats :)

Congratulations, Ikunori, Izuku! Well done on your performance during the sports festival! I tried to watch all of it, but work was a little hectic.

Congrats on winning third place, Ikunori!

Love,

otoo-san

My eyes went wide, and I shared a flabbergasted look with Izuku. 

"Otoo-san? But... we haven't heard of him... or about him in the last few years..." I mutter, and Inko frowns sadly.

"I'm sorry, my boys... but ever since your father left to work in Australia before you were born... I... selfishly didn't want to talk to you about him. I'm sorry..." Inko said, tears welling up in her green eyes. "Also, this is the first time he ever bothered to contact you directly. Usually, he asks me to send him updates, which I do rarely... out of spite..."

I ran a hand through my hair, which was as curly as ever. I never thought Inko would be so... petty. But, I get where she's coming from. Your husband leaves you in the middle of your pregnancy to go work overseas? And he doesn't bother to contact you unless he needs updates on your children's lives? I get that... I think I would've done the same.

"We don't know what he looks like, kaa-san," Izuku mentions softly, and Inko sobs a little. I frown and gently take the phone from her hands. 

"I have a photo of him..." Inko murmurs, and she shuffles out of the room. Izuku and I just stare at the text message, still processing everything. So, this was why I never heard about Midoriya Hisashi. Mama never bothered telling us... 

Inko enters the room, with a photo of our father. I study it, and I smile a little.

So that's where I got this curly ass hair from...

Midoriya Hisashi has black gravity defying curls, with a splatter of freckles on his nose and cheeks. He has a slightly crooked smile, and he's pretty lean. In this photo, he looks young. Probably in university... His eyes are a sweet brown, and they're kinda narrow. Sorta like mine, except my eyes are rounder, and they're green. He's wearing a green sweater, and brown khaki pants. He seems like a pretty mellow guy.

"So that's where I get my freckles from..." Izuku whispers with wide eyes. He slowly traces our father's figure and grins. "And where nii-chan get's that messy hair from."

I roll my eyes and playfully shove him. He snickers. Inko smiles softly at us and gently picks up the photo.

"I'm sorry for never telling you about him... This is the first time he's ever communicated to me in two years, though... Even when I send him things, he never replies..." Inko mutters sadly. Then she shows us messages from two years ago.

Sender: Midoriya Hisashi

Subject: Update!!

Hello, Inko!

I'm curious about our boys. Are they doing well in school? I wish I could go teach Iku-chan some tricks with that quirk of his. It's similar to mine, but he can control it... How cool!

I'm planning to go visit you guys soon. It'll be the first time that I get to see our boys in the flesh!

Love,

Hisashi

I blinked and shared a look with Izuku. Inko smiled sadly and scrolled to the next message.

Sender: Midoriya Hisashi

Subject: Sorry :,(

I have to apologise, Inko. My work is being pretty demanding lately, so I can't come visit you like I was planning to. How are our boys?

Love,

Hisashi

Izuku sighs and looks away.

"Kaa-san, what does otoo-san do for work?" Izuku asks.

"He's a detective. He was sent to Australia for a case, which he solved, but there was another case that he was called for. Since then, he decided to stick in Australia for the time being. He's been trying to visit us, but his job is suddenly starting to become pretty demanding," Inko explains. She shows us a message she had sent earlier this year.

Sender: Midoriya Inko

Subject: Heroes!

Dear Hisashi,

Our boys have been accepted into U.A.! The top hero school! I told you about Izuku's late blooming quirk, and he managed to get in! Did you know that Ikunori got second place? I'm so proud! Our boys are becoming heroes!

Yours,

Inko

I stared at the message. He didn't reply to it, only leaving a smiling reaction sticker. Izuku smiles sadly, and then leaves the room. I blink at the spot he vacated, and sigh. Inko looks at me worriedly, and I give her a tight smile.

"This needs some time to process, kaa-san. Thank you for telling us..." I say quietly, and follow Izuku into his room.

Izuku looks up, and he looks confused.

"I thought he would be proud of us... if we became heroes..." Izuku mutters.

"Hey, maybe he is proud. That reaction sticker shows he cares, right? He was probably busy and couldn't reply," I reason. Izuku stares up at me with a frown.

"I didn't think being a detective would be a demanding job... it is, right? They wouldn't lie to us about otoo-san's job?" Izuku says, and I purse my lips. Honestly, I'm not sure how to deal with this. This was never shown in the series. I shrug.

"At least we know about him now, right? Maybe he'll visit us, or we'll visit him!" I say, trying to cheer Izuku up. Izuku smiles softly, and nods.

Later that day, I ask Inko for our father's number, which she gives to me with a sad smile.

And before I slip into my Hawks themed bed sheets that night, I send him a small message.

Sender: Midoriya Ikunori

Subject: Goodnight! <3

It's night time in Japan, right now. Goodnight, otoo-san!

Thanks for the congrats, btw!

Ikunori :D