18: Longing for love & attention

It was six in the evening, I was groggy and bummed out from school. My mind was full of negative thoughts, I'm bothered and paranoid again whenever I realize how busy my Dad was. At the same time, those thoughts of Ville haunts me. It makes me yearn for some booze, unfortunately, that was impossible. I've taken three sleeping pills and waited for them to work, I shut my eyes close and I could feel my heartbeat skip. It's not something normal. The soft, imaginary voices whispering in my ear, their coming back.

Leave me alone!

Dad! Where are you?

The voices threatened me and I really want to cry and scream. Just as the metal music blasted off from my ringing phone, I was forced to sit up from my bed. My pulse raised as if I've woke up from a nightmare but the voices has finally stopped.

This is not real! I'm just tired!

Grabbing my phone, I flipped my hair out of my face and stared at the caller I.D., it was unregistered just like the previous missed calls I've received during the past few days.

What's next?

I couldn't stand mental tortures when I'm alone. Maybe I really needed something. I went downstairs, sitting over the sofa, looking for something to do. I found Sasha's favorite leather bag left over the coffee table at the living room. Using my pocket knife, I pulled the bag closer and started doing cuts all over the flawless leather surface of the bag using the sharp edge of the knife. It lightened up my mood a little bit.

"Life is unfair" I muttered.

***

It seems like I've passed out over the sofa. I was half asleep when I heard Dad's voice from the foyer.

"That's a great idea Mr.Fortus"

Richard is here?

I lifted my weak body off the sofa as I see my Dad coming, followed by Richard the gifted one, I missed him.

"Dad" I beamed, trying to keep calm and keep my attention on my father.

"Hey" he said nonchalantly, turning back to Richard. "Have a seat pal, I'll go get my latest compositions"

My eyebrows furrowed in so much disappointment. My Dad went upstairs. But I frozed as the gifted musician sit over the other sofa across the table. His raven eyes won't miss any of my actions. My heart skipped again, not because of palpitation. It's because of him and his burning gaze.

I gathered courage to lock eyes with him. The way he kissed me, changed me forever.

"Y-you're here" I almost stuttered.

He blew a cloud of smoke before speaking. "Apparently, I'm here for my career"

His words hurted but I tried to hide the pain in my voice. "Why? Do I expect anything from you?"

"I was just telling you what's the main reason I'm here" he snorted. No matter how much he shows rejection, I still fall in love with him even more.

"The night you kissed me, I thought you already realized..." my voice trailed off.

His face went even more serious. "See how stubborn you were?"

I was about to say something but we both went quiet when Dad came back with some papers in his hand. "Here they are"

Richard got up like nothing happened, staring down the musical compositions that were handed to him.

"I've been sleepless for a couple of weeks, working on those"

"Thanks Ax, I'll take them detail by detail" the gifted musician smirked. "So I must be going. It's almost nine"

"Good bye pal, I'm counting on you" Dad patted Richard's shoulder.

I never want to look as he leaves again. It hurts, I just glared down the floor.

"Did I just heard you talk to my band mate?"

No fuck, he heard us!

I glared up to Dad, "I... I don't know what you're talking about" I completely lied.

Without any other word, he turned around and left me also. I could not tell if he believes me or not.

"Dad! May I talk to you?" I managed to say despite of nervousness. "Please just for a while"

"Tomorrow, I need to sleep" my anger rose but I stopped myself from doing anything stupid.

If I don't matter to you... well ...take my anger...

I went out of the house and luckily, Richard's car was still parked out of the silver gates. I slipped on a denim jacket running out of the half-opened gate. There, I knocked on to the window of his car. Richard stared at me from the driver's seat in surprise.

He mouthed, "What?"

I just tapped on to the window again signaling him to open the door and when he did, I quickly sat inside beside him, shutting the door close. I wanted to be away only with him, the only source of happiness.

"What do you think you're doing?" he hissed. "Trying to get me fired?"

"Just drive" I pleaded.

"No Barbara. The security saw you! Get out and go back inside the-"

"Richard, please it's the only thing that'll help!" I exclaimed.

He shook his head, starting up the engine and drove away as fast as he could.

A/N:

Gosh! I missed you guys!
Been too busy on school, exams, projects, homeworks and thank God! My ranking went higher.

This chapter is quite short but expect better and exciting chapters to come. There would be mysteries and a lot of unexpected consequences. Of course, Crystal Watson will appear again soon.

Anyway, the evil princess ran away with Richard, where are they going? What's going to happen?

I'm dying to know that ;)...

READ, COMMENT, VOTE