11: Evil Princess & The Gifted Musician

"Okay, let's see what we got here" Richard walked to the back of the car, opening its compartment to get a black case. Probably, an coustic guitar. Sitting over the bench at the corner of the garage, he pulled the guitar out of its case and placed it over his lap.

"Sit here" he smirked at me underneath the curtains of the dark strands of his hair.

I sat next to him, scooting closer that there wouldn't be a space in between us. "Sing me a song" I whispered in his ear with my graspy voice that no one could ever resist.

He thought for a while, before glaring back at me, "You know the song Patience?"

"I can't quite remember" I shrugged. This is hopeless. I was trying to seduce him but it doesn't work because he's thinking that I was just a stubborn teenage girl.

He gave me a puzzled look. "One of G N' R's first and most popular songs. You don't know it?"

"I grew up in Finland you idiot, away from my Dad for ten years. How am I suppose to know that?" I said softly, quite ashamed for being clueless about my own father's songs.

"Oh, sorry… now I know why I've never seen you before" he chuckled before observing my face as if he's looking for something. "But you can't be Sasha Volkova's daughter"

I rolled my eyes. Of course not! "My mother lives in Beverly Hills. She and Dad divorced when I was sent to Finland. Sasha was his new girlfriend, nothing related to me"

"Don't worry, you're more attractive than her-" he stopped and cleared his throat. "I mean yes, she's so different from you"

I laughed internally. He's so careful and it amuses me…

"Hey! I thought you're gonna sing for me!" I slapped his muscular arm gently and he grinned.

"Wait a second, I'm still thinking for a good song"

He plucked on the strings with his finger before strumming on them continously. I had a better view of his spider-like tattoos on his right hand as he began playing a familiar tune. Its quite old but probably one of the best love songs I've ever heard. Richard is truly a music genius.

"Hold on little girl" he sang with his precious voice while strumming continuously on to the strings.

"Show me what he's done to you"

"Stand up little girl"

"A broken heart can't be that bad when it's through, it's through"

"Fate will twist them both of you"

"So come on baby, come on over"

"Let me be the one to show you" as he said that line, his dark raven eyes shifted on me from his guitar.

"I'm the one who wants to be with you"

"Deep inside I hope you feel it too"

This time, I decided to take the second voice. "You feel it too!"

"Waitin' on the line of greens and blues"

"Waited on the line, yeah!" I continued.

Then, we both sang in unison, "Just to be the next to be with you…" an uncontrollable smile crept on my face as our voice blended perfectly.

He stopped at the second stanza without breaking eye contact with me. I felt my heart skip a couple of times,  faster and faster as I get lost into those raven eyes.

Am I falling for him?

I lifted my hand towards his face to swipe the curtains of dark, pin-straight hair off his handsome face, slowly sliding my palm down the side of his cheek.

"You got an amazing voice" those words escaped his lips. I was completely unaware that we were leaning towards one another in slow motion.  But the magical moment was interrupted when the gifted musician realized something.

"I think I should go back inside. Your Dad won't forgive me for this"

He was about to leave but I held on to his arm, furrowing my eyebrows as I glare at him. I want him forever by my side.

"But what's wrong this Richard?"

"You'll realize that someday, Barbie" I let go as he get up to leave me.

I really wanted to tell him something but my mind couldn't point it out and my voice seemed to be fading away. He walked out of the garage without another word.

***

It's early morning, Ron and Richard has finally left. But that unforgettable moment  remained in my mind as I sat over the sofa with my tighs pressed against my chest. The way my voice blended with his precious ones and the way I got lost in his eyes. He's amazing but the problem is, he's matured enough and he knows his limitations that's why he's fighting off the same feeling I've had when we're alone in the garage.

Wake up, Barbie! You're underage remember?

I've just got over Ville but I feel so lonesome again. Why do I have to suffer so much like this?

"Barbie?" I heard Louis say but I didn't cared to look.

"Where's Dad?" I muttered.

"He's in his room with Ms. Volkova. I think they're wasted" she answered.

I lifted my head, glaring at Louis. "Just get me something to eat. I'm really starving"

Just as she left me alone, I opened my laptop and began browsing, totally ignoring the new mails from Ville. Fucking asshole. Since I could not get Richard out of my mind, I typed his name on the Google search, reading every article I found about him.

RICHARD FORTUS

Born and raised in St. Louis, Richard got started with music very early by studying Violin at age 4 and drums at age 5. He studied at the Conservatory of the Arts in St. Louis and Southern Illinois University and also played wth various youth symphonies in St. Louis…

I've read more and more, I even watched a few of his live performance Youtube and I wasn't wrong about my first impression on him. He spent his life in music alone.

Would I ever get a space in his heart that was fully occupied by his passion for music?

A/N:

Aww, the evil princess is really in love with the gifted musician!

I love this part! Better check out the song aside/above. 'To be with you' by Mr. Big. Any feedback guys? What can you say about Richard?

READ, COMMENT, VOTE