22: When the past calls

A/N:

Like the first book, Sweet Child O' Mine, I'm going to use Crystal Watson's point of view for this chapter. There's her current picture above/aside she might be in her mid 30s now. I missed her!

****Crystal's P.O.V.****

A phone call kept me sleepless last night. My ex-husband, Axl Rose has called me to meet him up at his place. Without hesitation, I traveled from Beverly Hills to Malibu, stepping out of my gates of pride to see him again. I know the main reason why he wants to see me and it's all about Barbara, our child. It's been almost four months ago since I brought my daughter back to his father. I'm afraid she was growing apart from me. I was never able to show up again, not just because of my pride but it's due to the fact that we are both living with new partners in life. On the other hand, it hurts a lot to be deprived from my child. She had hatred towards me and I never had the chance to explain to her.

***

We were sitting by the table that was set near the railings of the balcony, giving me a perfect view of the distant Malibu beach. After so many years, I was in this mansion again. The place where our love story started and ended. Unfortunately, my precious daughter is still at school and I have to keep up an awkward situation with my ex-husband.

"So what's going on?" I crossed my legs, stirring the glass of cocktail infront of me.

Axl cleared his throat. "The kid wanted a normal family like what you said"

I wanted to give him a sarcastic response but I just swallowed my pride instead when I remembered that this was all about Barbara. "What about your girlfriend? Thought she could be a mother?" I emphasized that word with sarcasm.

I flipped my copper hair, slowly shifting my gaze at the rockstar across the table. His hair were done in blonde rows of braids. It used to have a ginger color. After undergoing several times of plastic surgery, his gorgeous face changed for worst. He wants to make himself even more attractive but he failed, instead, he actually looked even more devious. But there's only one thing that reminds me of the past, his gray mesmerizing eyes.

"You sounded so carefree about our child, don't you know that?"

"Are you some sort of an idiot? I will not step a foot in this mansion if it hadn't been for my daughter" I defended.

"That's bullshit" he shook his head. "You'll never believe this, Sasha left me a few days ago after getting into a brawl with Barbara"

My fist clenched as I felt the flaring anger rise inside of me. "Your woman hurted my daughter?"

"Actually the kid hurted my girlfriend" he explained before taking a sip from his drink. I'm afraid that my child is being as violent as Axl.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement. "Is that girl matters more than Barbara? What the fuck happened to the whole 'leave this to me' thing?"

"Fine. I admit that it's wrong to force her live with Sasha" he grumbled. "I guess the kid needs us this time"

No way...

"I'm taking her" I said suggestively with a serious expression.

"No fucking way" the rockstar insisted. We're arguing again, like the last time we talked. "I will never ever let you take her away from me again! Fuck it!"

I snorted, "You'll never make it all by yourself, rockstar"

"Because I needed you" he replied making me furrow my eyebrows. "We used to be a perfect couple and we could have been a happy family, Crystal. But I don't know what has got into you. You sent Barbara away and left me alone"

I bit my lip, facing away from him in guilt. I admit that after all of the things I've been through with Axl, I've always love him. It took me years to get over him and I'm afraid to open up the memories and awake my feelings for him. He has forgiven me like how I gave him several chances. But I have settled up with a new partner in life, I'm engaged to another famous guy and how am I going to explain my teenage daughter that her mother can never be with her father just because her mother has another affair...

"But you made a wrong choice. You chose rock n' roll over Barbara" I said that for I have nothing to reason out.

"Really? And what have you done? The child had attitude problems due to the fucking fact that she grew up without her parents around. She's very young and she even had an affair with a Finnish guy who was stalking at her till now. Is this the best life you could provide her? Goddamit!" he slammed his fist onto the table and my eyes widened at his words and his actions kept me speechless. I still fear the trace of violence in him.

There was a dead silence that lasted for a few minutes.

Am I a bad mother?

"At least I've tried" my voice trailed off, I really don't have anything left to say.

He finally calmed down a little bit, letting out a sharp breath. "Apparently, you are unaware of how much you fucked up her life"

"I didn't mean to do that. I just thought I've protected her"

"You never trusted me that's why..." he continued. Sorrow filled his voice and it broke my heart. He got up and left me here in the balcony to go back inside his room. I have to fix this big mistake I made. This time, I didn't stopped myself from following him.

A/N:

CLIFFHANGER!

The seductress is back!
Crystal Watson, the former wife of the gorgeous rockstar!

The only problem is, she's engaged to a mystery man (???)

What's gonna happen next!!!!!
Who can guess the mystery guy?
(HINT: He's just another rockstar from the 80s era)

READ, COMMENT, VOTE

Don't forget to read my new story as well ;) Rhythm of the Heart