Two hours passed, and he was not back yet.

I had taken a shower and changed into one of his shirts that graciously looked like one of those baggy gowns.

I stayed up in his room, my eyes following the patterns he had drawn on his bedroom wall, my fingers tracing the new lines I hadn't noticed before.

Sighing, I left there, picking up my phone and calling him again.

Still no response.

Something really isn't right. It's almost midnight, and he's not back yet.

I made my way to the bathroom, and stood in front of the mirror, my worried reflection staring right back at me.

Am I making the right choice by just waiting for him? What if something is really up with him? What if he was kidnapped and needed help getting out? What if Glory took him... Wait no... What if it was Dean?

As these thoughts stacked themselves up in my head, my heart rate increased.

Is Ethan in trouble?

I groaned, my head falling as my hands palmed my face, willing myself to think straight.

He's fine... He's probably busy with the Lithians, and he'll be back soon. He's Ethan, he's strong and can take care of himself.

Releasing a long breath to calm myself, I looked back up at the mirror.

I yelped, almost jumping out of my skin, my heart skipping a few beats as my eyes caught Ethan's from the relection of the mirror.

I turned immediately, relief flooding through me as I took in his unharmed form, leaning against the bathroom doorway.

"You're okay." I let out with a breath as he shot me a lazy smile, standing upright and making a move to close the distance between us.

Then he stumbled. "Ethan!" Shock and fear rumbled through my veins as I rushed towards him, trying to hold him upright. "Ethan, are you okay?"

He chuckled, stumbling a bit more as he moved us further back, until my back was right against the sink. He then grinned at me, before his face came down to my neck, his body pressing against mine as he took a long sniff of me.

Alcohol, that's what he smelled like.

His glassy gaze came back to meet mine as I stared up at him, worry wrecking me.

"How do you manage to smell nice all the time?" He asked, cocking his head to a corner and pouting as if trying to figure out why? "Like vanilla, blueberries, rainbows." He chuckled. "As if I know how or if the rainbow has a smell... Not like I've even seen one before." He scoffed.

I would have pondered on how cute he looked right now, if I wasn't worried and confused at the same time. "Eth-"

"But I don't really care." He smiled at me, cutting me off. "Since looking at you has given me a vivid example of how a rainbow should look like... Beautiful."

A compliment?

"Uh... Thank you?" I let out, unsure, snapping out of it and letting my heart shoot out questions. "Why are you drunk? Where were you? Why didn't you pick up when I called? Why didn't you respond to any of my text? What's wrong? Did something happen?"