Prologue

© Emelradine_™ 2018-2019

The moral rights of the author have been asserted. All rights reserved. This story must not be republished in any form without the author's consent, who is the copyright holder and any infringement of this is a violation of the law.

No parts of this book shall be transmitted or translated in any form.

It is under the copyrights of the author!

All rights reserved ®

© Emelradine_™ 2018-2019

Prologue

1930
Buffalo, New York City.
The Human Robotics Inc.

If you stand fifty miles away from the white skyscraper building, there in the middle of Buffalo, New York City. You would feel the enormous tension oozing from that particular test room, A room that harbored exactly two scientists, a tech guy, the United States government officials, and a test subject.

General Maxwell brought his pocket watch to his view, flicking it open and closing it back with irritation. "And how long are we supposed to wait for this?"

"Not long now, General." Brandon Curt, the co-founder of project Chip, said. His eager eyes were peering intently at the holding room, where the subject stood, head cast downwards, eyes closed, and fist clenched.

Brandon Curt had a big dream. Just after his father died, he set out to fulfill his vision with the help of his sister, Glory Curt. It was an anticipated project which people tagged TO CHANGE THE WORLD. Robotic creations had been pulled off by different scientists over time, creating a new branch of technology. It was a rare but wildly accepted idea.

Marcus Curt wanted to make something different. He wanted to enhance the human mind, see where and how far it went, and how far it would go should the correct arithmetic be adequately inputted.

Project Chip was a project everyone anticipated. It was supposed to change the world, bring it a new color, vision, and generation. A new species of humans with extraordinary abilities that could make the world become a far better place than it was today

"Good day, gentlemen." Glory Curt appeared; her smile was calculated and fixed, enhancing the red lipstick she had adorned. Her blue eyes shone beneath the bright white light surrounding the test room. "I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting." She said.

"It's alright, Glory; they'll see it is worth the wait," Brandon spoke.

"I shall proceed then." Glory said, her voice making a thousand echoes inside the test room.

"Carry on." General Maxwell urged.

Her heels echoed as she stepped forward. "This in front of you is subject 541. The first test subject project Chip is working on." She pointed at the unconscious man behind the glass door, separating him from the government officials.

"Is this some joke?" Sir Reynolds, the president's trusted advisor, spoke up for the first time.

"Pardon, Sir Reynolds?" Glory asked.

"You called us here for a project that isn't tested and trusted. What if it fails?"

Glory's smile widened. "My brother and I have been working on project Chip for years. It was our father's work, and we sacrificed our lives for the success of this project. trust me, Sir Reynolds, when I say it won't fail."