52

Vote and comment:-)

Thanks for your patience.

You may continue...

52
Ivy's pov

   According to what Caramel told me, I was supposed to see the sector head at the RTR, which I had come to know as a test room. I'd only seen him, Malcolm Steel, once before, and that was the time Edith had found Roman and I when we visited the sector. She had taken us to him but he didn't say a word to us. Also, the first time I met Edith at the ice cream store in the Purest sector, she mentioned that he was her father. 

Although that didn't matter, all I wanted to know was why he wanted to see me. Caramel had assured me that the Inc had no intention of installing the chip in Roman and I, which only meant that Glory had a special reason for bringing us down here. 

Whatever that was, I really don’t care, I'm going to spend every second plotting ways to bring this place down. 

The buzzing sound I'd always hear in movies whenever a cop opens a door in the cell, echoed down the hallway. I walked along, hearing the voices getting louder with each stride, one familiar, the other one, not so much. 

I turn, halting to see who the voices belonged to. I raised a brow when I saw  Roman and a tall lady, her hand clasped around his arm like he was some kind of prisoner.

"I told you I've got this-" he was saying, looking up at the blonde lady's hard eyes.

He hadn't noticed me yet. 

She pushed him forward and he struggled to get his balance. "You don't have to be so rough." He said, dusting off invisible dirt from his clothing. 

The tall lady huffed and went back through the door they'd both come in from. 

"Weirdo-" He stopped when his eyes wandered down to my direction. "Oh my God." He said with wide eyes. 

My face remained stoic. 

I noticed he was wearing normal dark blue jeans and a white shirt, his curly mess of a hair was scattered all over his head, falling lazily over his dark eyes, covered by his professional looking black glasses, just slightly darker than his eyes.

His eyes scanned me from head to toe. "Ivy?" He called to make sure. 

"Why are you here?" I asked. 

He visibly gulped. "What the hell happened to you?" He asked. "What- what happened to your hair?" 

"Cut it." 

He looked taken aback. "Bu- why?"

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the Willing?" I asked, turning to fully face him as he came closer. 

"Uh... They got an order from the institute, saying I should transfer here." He said, his eyes still studying me like he was trying to understand something. 

"Probably one of their sick plans." I muttered. 

"Somethings changed." He voiced out. "You're acting weird." 

"Nothing's changed, Roman." I said, turning and walking towards the RTR. 

I heard his footsteps rush behind me. "It's so unlike you to be so unnecessarily blunt. You didn't even look pleased to see me." 

I scoffed. "Pleased to see you? You expect me to be pleased about your presence after lying to me." 

"What?" He asked in a clueless tone.