46

Vote and comment:-)

You may continue...

46
Ethan's pov

  Hurrying out of the boys locker room after practice, I spotted Roman making his way to the his locker. "Hey!" I called out.

Almost as if he recognized my voice, he halted, turning to my direction. When his eyes sighted me, they widened.

I shot him a cool one sided smile. "You look a little scared." I said, when I reached him. "Relax."

He held on to his bag strap. "What do you want?" He asked, his eyes meeting mine head on.

"I just want to talk." I said, looking around before my eyes met back with his. "Ivy is worried about you. And I don't like seeing Ivy worried, so you know what you're going to do now?"

He raised a brow of enquiry at me.

"You're going to go to her and take back everything you said to her."

"Why would I do that?"

"Cause I'm asking you to." I said, my voice going hard in hopes to intimidate him.

Intimidation was one of my strongest assets.

Roman gulped. "Listen, Ethan. I just want to be on my own, okay? I made Ivy understand that because that's what's best. I want to protect myself and my family and I don't want any trouble. So let me at least do that."

I suppressed a groan. "I understand, but your decision is making Ivy stressed up. Ivy being stressed up stresses me up. No harm is going to come to your family if you're friends with Ivy. That doesn't even make sense."

Roman looked somewhat angry now. His brows had gone down in a deep frown and his jaw clenched. "You think I'm the one stressing Ivy up? You think I left Ivy because being with her would hurt my family?"

"Isn't that why?"

Roman scoffed. "You're a hypocrite, Ethan. A big hypocrite." He head scanned our surrounding before he turned back to me again. "You think I don't know? You think I don't know how you've been lying to her? How you and- and Fiona have been lying to her? I left Ivy because I don't want to be a part of this nonsense game you and Fiona are playing."

I was shocked. How the hell did he find out?

"Oh don't look surprised, Ethan. I knew something was off right from the moment Fiona came into the picture. I mean, how can you lie to her face everyday?"

"How did you find out?"

"It doesn't matter how I found out Ethan. It doesn't. The only thing that matters is that I can't know the truth and hide it from Ivy cause when she eventually finds out in future, she's gonna be broken. She's gonna be hurt because she takes Fiona as the only female friend who has her best interest in heart."

I let out a breath of frustration, brushing my fingers through my hair. "Fiona is here on a mission of her own, Roman. She can't tell Ivy the truth because that would only create more problems for everyone. Isn't that what we're trying to avoid? Creating more problems?"