82

Remember to keep the comment section healthy, who knows, you might get an earlier update

Ivy

Roman didn't have much time, that alone was reason enough to neglect any fear that came with the thought of seeing that woman again. The fact that Ethan was right beside me, made me feel confident in the fact that she was going to authorize it. Of course it wasn't because Ethan had shocked me by bringing a gun along with him.

When I asked him what he needed it for, he only said it was just in case Glory was being too stubborn.

I didn't know what he meant by that. Would he aim the gun at her? Threaten to shoot her? Would Glory fall for that?

Of course not, she doesn't look like the kind of woman to succumb to measly threats. But I had shoved those thoughts back into my mind.

Helping Roman was all that mattered right now, and we had to be fast about it.

I would have complimented the woman's house if I wasn't too pissed at that moment, and I would have given much thoughts to the fact that the guards just let us through like they were expecting us.

"She knew we were coming didn't she?" I asked Ethan.

He shot me a look. "Glory knows just about everything, so there's no surprise there."

The house was warm, and I could just feel her touch everywhere.

Spotting her by what looked like a mini bar area, but still managed to look as official as possible, she turned to our direction, her face expressionless and her hands clasped behind her. "Ethan, Fisher." She said, almost like we were supposed to take that as a form of acknowledgment from her.

Going straight to the point, I stepped forward. "So you're just gonna let him die? For nothing?"

She raised a brow. "Mr. Huxley isn't my responsibility, Miss Fisher, and so are you. How is it any of my business if he dies?"

"I don't want to know about how it isn't any of your business, part of the reason why he's here in the first place, is because of you."

She gave a small chuckle, amusement swimming in her eyes. "Me? If I recall correctly, Miss Fisher, I offered you and Mr. Huxley a pass out of this dimension, but you boldly refused. Ever since that moment, the responsibility was taken from my hands. If the boy actually dies, his blood would be on your hands."

The urge to just jump on this woman and scratch her calm eyes and face out, was really pulling at me. She didn't care, not even one bit. In fact, it was almost like she was enjoying it.

"Okay, enough of this, Glory. You have to place the authorization, or he dies. The last thing I want is any more deaths, so please, just cut the crap and let Malcolm do his job." Ethan said, pulling me by my arm, further away from Glory, as if sensing I was on the verge of loosing it.

Glory smiled. "I'm sorry, Ethan. I'll have to refuse you today."

He didn't look shocked by this, in fact, it was almost like he had been expecting her to say just that. "The one time I actually, really need your help, you're going to refuse me because of your what, Ego?" Ethan asked, letting go of me, and walking over to the bar, so he was standing a safe distance away from her and me, this made her turn her head slightly to his direction.

"Ethan, this isn't about my Ego... It's about staying true to my word. I lead a dimension of over millions of people, what kind of leader goes back on their word to save one measly soul?" She asked, her voice sounding like she was desperately trying to make him understand.