84

It was an unhealthy comment section in the last chapter(╯﹏╰╥) please make this chapter a healthy one. Thanks in advance. PS (I sacrificed my sleep to make this update. It's way past midnight now, show me some author love)

Ivy

The moment I stepped into the room, I saw him trying to get up; wincing in pain when he moved his shoulder the wrong way. At this, my brows came down in confusion, as I rushed towards him. "Hey, easy... Why aren't you healing?"

He managed to sit up, not bothering to respond, but shot me a question of his own. "Where's Glory?"

"Downstairs, why?" I asked, trying to decipher his mood. But his face gave nothing away, he just had that look, that look of his that always scared the heck out of me.

He got to his feet, holding his shoulder and getting his gun from the table where it laid.

His eyes never met mine once. "Let's go." He said, already walking ahead of me.

What happened?

He didn't even ask about Roman, although it was quite obvious everything had went well, but still. Why was I recieveing the cold shoulder vibe from him?

When we got downstairs, Glory was no longer in the spot I left her.

Ethan didn't even bother to look over that direction, he just walked ahead of me, out the direction we'd both come in from.

The cold night air kissed my skin, coaxing the goosebumps out of their hiding place. I opened all the doors to my car, with the key in my hand.

"Do you need any help?" I asked noticing he was still holding on to his shoulder, which I was sure ought to have healed.

He shook his head, managing to open the car door and getting in.

Due to his bad shoulder, he didn't even complain or say anything about me driving.

Didn't even look in my direction as I moved the car out of the parking lot and unto the road, down back to the Rebels sector.

Out of caution, and the look on his face, I couldn't ask him what was wrong. He didn't exactly look like someone who wanted to have any sort of discussion, and I respected that.

Half an hour later, I was pulling up in front of his house, turning off the engine.

He didn't move, and neither did I.

I turned to look at him. His eyes were casted downwards, looking like he wanted to say something, but couldn't quite bring himself to say it.

In a strange way, I could tell there was a serious battle going on in his head, and I knew since we got on the road, he had been figuring out ways to say whatever he wanted to say to me.

Inwardly, I wondered, wondered what was so hard for him to let out.

Was it to apologize for lying about how Roman was found? His meeting with Dean?

If that was it, I couldn't even bring myself to be angry about it. He probably didn't say anything because he was confused about it himself. After everything he had said to Glory, I really did understand this side to him, I knew he was hurting, and I knew it would take a lot to help him.

But I didn't plan on backing out. Not now, not ever.

I took in a deep breath. "Eth-"

"We should end this." He blurted out, shutting me up.