Chapter 16

"What? How is that even possible?" Ravyn rushes to me. But, I don't pay attention to what she's saying.

It was Kai. This whole time. He's the one who pulled me back that day. How did I never know? How did he survive? I mean, has he been alive this whole time? Does he know? Does he have his memories? I release a small gasp as a warm feeling surges through me. My hand immediately goes to my heart. It's him alright. Our bond. It's alive again.

"Kiara!" Ravyn's hand on my shoulder pulls me from my thoughts.

I shake my head of my thoughts and give her my full attention, "I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"Did you know?" Her vulnerable blue eyes stare into mine.

"No. I didn't," I keep my emotions level. I don't show the hurt coursing through my veins or guilt wallowing in the depths of my heart.

"We have to go find him. If he's alive, he might need help. Do you know where he's at? Kiara? Tell me!"

I take a deep breath, calming myself. Reminding myself that I am ok. That I'm safe. My breathing evens as Liam rubs his hand over the length of my back. I look to Ravyn, "I don't know where he's at. He just called out my name. He didn't say anything else. I'm sorry."

Then, as if waiting for the perfect moment, Kai enters my head again, "South. By home."

"What did he say?" Ravyn speaks up again.

"Ravyn, you need to calm down. You are overreacting," This time my gaze is hard.

"Don't tell me to calm down! He's my mate, Kiara! I can't just leave him out there!" She yells.

"And, he's my brother! Plus, it's not like he knows you know. You need to stop and think about this logically." The volume of my voice becomes normal once more.

"You're one to talk. Anytime something doesn't go your way, or you get too angry, you lose control. So, don't tell me to calm down and think logically when you can't even do it yourself." She spits. She's speaking out of anger. I know she doesn't mean it, but it still hurts.

"That's not fair."

"Life's not fair. Now, where did he say he was, I am going to go get him myself-"

"No! You can't."

"Why not? No, you know what, I'll find him on my own-"

"Look. I know you're anxious to see him. So am I. I love him just as much as you do, but in the end, he didn't contact you. He didn't tell you where he was. He told me. He didn't say to bring anyone which means..." I take a breath, "Which means I have to go get him. Only me."

"No. What if it's a trap?" Liam interjects.

"It's not. I can feel him. It's him." I look to Ravyn and watch with guilt as a tear slides down her cheek. I exhale. I wrap my arms around her and whisper in her ear, "I didn't mean to hurt you, but I know the only reason he wants me to go is to protect you. Think about it. If you go to him, are you going to walk back? You're not strong enough to teleport another person yet. It'll be too dangerous for you. Don't you understand?" She nods against me, and I hear her sniffles begin to silence. "Good. Now I promise I will bring him back here."

I pull away from our embrace, and look at Liam, "I'm going to leave tonight."

"Where is he?"

"South, by my packhouse."

"Seriously?" I nod.

"That's what he said."

"Well, you're not going without me being able to communicate with you."