Epilogue

9 months later...

"Jasper. How many times do I have to tell you to stop following me?" I turn to face him and look into his deep green eyes.

"But Luna, today is an important day and I am here to make sure it goes well."

I let out an exasperated sigh, "You mean you're here to make sure I don't get overly nervous and run off.

And don't call me Luna yet, we still have a few hours until it's official."

He reveals a small smile, "Well, that too. And you're already our Luna."

I roll my eyes, "Still. And don't worry, I wouldn't do that to Liam. I haven't seen him in like 2 days because of all of this. Hell, we didn't even get to sleep in the same room last night. Why do humans have such ridiculous customs? Why can't we see each other before the ceremony? Ugh, so dumb." I mutter that last part. "Do you know my schedule for today? Also, do you know when my brother and Ravyn will be here?"

"Kai and Ravyn said they would be here around 1, which you already knew because they told you. And your schedule consists of me following you to your soon-to-be mother-in-law's house to talk with her, then to meet your brother and Ravyn at the packhouse for lunch. Then you go ready with Ravyn and your soon-to-be mother-in-law. After that, you'll have your wedding ceremony followed by your Luna ceremony. Then we party until sunrise." He swallows a large breath.

"It sounds like a lot when you say it. And you can just call Tatiana my mother-in-law at this point." I rub my arms, "I still have some time then, until they're gone."

"What was that?" He asks.

"Oh, nothing. I'm going to go take a shower and change before I go meet up with Tatiana."

"Ok, I'll be waiting downstairs."

I leave Jasper to be alone with my thoughts.

"Does the fact that our eyes and status are gonna be gone stress you out?" Midnight asks.

"Yea. I'm an Alpha. Sure I've been doing more Luna duties, like my mom did, but she was a Queen. An Alpha Queen. We were the strongest pack and now that title belongs to this pack. If things turned out differently, I wonder if Liam would have come to my pack, would I still be able to be Alpha alongside him?"

"I know it's going to be hard, but we will still have our strength. We will still be the same."

"But we won't at the same time. I know I shouldn't care about such trivial things, but being an Alpha was the one thing I had that no one could take. It's what kept me alive."

"I know. Let's try not to dwell on it. For now, let's focus on getting through the day and being able to see Liam later. I bet he's going to look so handsome."

"He's always handsome. And so sweet." I can't help the little swoon voice that comes out, "I'm going to be strong for myself and for everyone else. A strong Luna keeps the pack together."

"We are gonna be fine." Midnight reassures me.

—---------------------------

"You're looking well, Kiara."

"Thank you, Tatiana. And what did you want to speak to me about?"

"Do you remember the letters I mentioned last year? The ones your mother left? The ones I forgot to give you?" She says the last part sheepishly, and it makes me smile while my heart races. I simply nod, unable to form words. Too many emotions circle my head.