Chapter 11

"You're weak."

"Why are you being like this? What happened to the Hunter I know?"

"I grew up, Kiara. It's about time you did too. You're still living in this world where everything will be perfect because you have status. Well, guess what? Status doesn't really matter all that much if you don't have the power to back you up."

"Hunter, I don't understand you. I stand up for you. I let you live because you've done nothing wrong. Why are you being cruel to me?"

"When will you stop being so naive? You let your emotions control you, and you know where that gets you? Abso-fucking-lutely nowhere. You make irrational decisions that will bite you in the ass later. You need to realize that emotions make you weak and because you have so many... You should have just let them kill me. Now, all you've done is show them how incapable you are, of not only protecting them but making rational decisions. Why don't you use your mind for once instead of your pathetic heart?"

I can feel my heart beginning to shatter once more. As if losing my brother and my best-friend leaving wasn't hard enough. I know deep down he's right. I am weak. I care too much. Even for this stranger in front of me. But, then again, you never really know a person's true colors. But, now I see a glimpse of his. I can feel my heart building a wall between us.

"You need to leave now. You have 5 minutes to get off my territory or you'll leave in pieces." My father breaks me from my entangling thoughts.

I look Hunter in the eyes, but I can't read him, at all. All I see is his smirk.

"Just remember Kiara, your emotions will be your destruction." I watch as he begins walking away. He will not have the last word.

"The only reason I ever talked to you was because I pitied you. A helpless orphan turned Omega. Your parents were great warriors and people, it's a shame it skipped a generation." The final blow. My heart cut all ties with Hunter. He's not worthy of my love, nor will he ever be again. He will never see me weak again.

------------------------

As we lie on the grass outside his house, looking up at the night sky, my emotions begin eating away my sense of poise. I can tell Liam senses it too. Out of the corner of my eye, I watch as he shifts his body so he's lying on his side while propping his head up. I continue to lie on my back, my hands clasped together atop my chest, hoping he doesn't poke, but I can feel his eyes burning through me.

"What's wrong?"

I slightly turn my head away from him, not wanting him to see me. He can read me as easily as a book.

"Come on. You know there's no use in hiding from me. I know something's up," His voice, already so mature and attractive, urges me to confide in him.

I take a deep breath as I readjust my facade. I mustn't allow him to find out. I turn my body so I match his. Immediately, his green orbs penetrate my brown ones searching for a hint, an indication, an answer. I close my eyes to keep him from prodding.

"Kiara, you can't hide anything from me. Just admit it, I know you, and I know when something's bugging you. Let me in. Please." His begging voice is so hard to resist.

I need to come up with something to distract his mind.

"Do... Do you think the Moon Goddess made a mistake making us mates?" I quickly ask, thankful I found a subject.

"Why would you say that? Of course, I don't. Do you?"

Yes. "I don't know. It's just... I'm still human. I still haven't shifted yet. That makes me weak. How am I supposed to be Alpha as a human? It's-It's just not possible."