Chapter 4

"Yea, Kiara. Who exactly are you?" Hunter taunts me.

"I...-" I can't answer him. No words form or attempt to leave my mouth.

"I've always wondered that myself. What is so special about you?" Hunter interjects.

I can feel the anger boiling inside of me. I have a temper, and a bad one at that. Especially when it comes to Hunter. He pisses me off more than anything in the world.

"Are you going to answer his question, Kiara? Or are you going to keep him on his toes forever?"

My eyes wander to Liam. Seeing him being strung up like a doll sends a pang through my heart. My eyes soften seeing him in Hunter's grasp, but I shake my feelings away and face Hunter.

"What do you want from me? What will make you let him go, that doesn't involve me dying or going with you?"

"I believe I've made myself clear. Seeing as I couldn't kill you earlier, being so rudely interrupted, I want you to tell him who and what you really are."

This has to be a trick. "That's it?"

"Yes. That's it." His forced smile, his twitching scarred eye, and the restlessness of his hands give him up immediately. He's lying, I know it. He's going to try and kill Liam anyway, it's obvious. But, I still have a trick up my sleeves.

"I don't believe you," I mutter in response.

"I don't care what you believe, tell him or else." His threat is weak.

In an attempt to mock him, I smirk, "Or else what?"

He snaps his fingers in response. Confused, I turn towards Liam, now greeted by the sight of a large needle inches away from his neck. He tries to growl, his power evident, but gets nowhere. A flash of fear crosses my eyes once again, letting Hunter have the advantage over me.

"I'm done playing games. Tell him who you are, or he dies."

"What does it matter?! What could you possibly get out of him knowing?"

"I know something about him that you don't."

"What could that possibly be? No, you know what? I'm not listening to a thing you say. You're a manipulative, lying, bastard! Everything that leaves your mouth is a lie."

"Is that so?"

I watch as they plunge the syringe deep into Liam's neck. He's thrown to the floor as I once was. The only difference is he'll die if he isn't healed.

"I'd say he has about maybe 10 minutes. I don't remember exactly how much silver I put in there." He taps his chin mocking his absent thinking.

I make no move. I speak quietly, but loud enough for him to hear, "I know what I am, who I am, and what I can do. You know nothing about me or what I can do. Coming here and threatening me and my mate was foolish of you. But I expected nothing less of your imbecilic tendencies."

His confusion brings a smile to my face.

"You can leave now. You've done your damage. And now, I'm heartbroken. So leave me here to wallow and die from sadness." I feign devastation.

No one moves. I growl and let my Alpha power finally emerge fully. I can feel the power radiating off of me. It's different than that of a regular Alpha. This screams darkness, and fear consumes Hunter and his goons. Their faces contort trying to figure out if they should submit or flee. I feel my claws and canines elongate. My eyes glow their Alpha Red and they take off.

I finish shifting and begin to chase them. They've shifted as well and are running. I'm behind them in less than a second. I notice dusk is approaching as I come upon a light brown wolf. Too light to be Hunter but will have to do. I jump and pin him to the ground. Baring my teeth I expect him to fight back, but he doesn't move. I see Hunter stop and turn to face me. I growl and bare my teeth, he just looks at the wolf under me, blinks and leaves. I grab the wolf's nape and began dragging him back to the waterfall. I hope I make it back in time.