First Immpressions

A/N: I'm going to write the story in 3rd person from now on. It's just a lot easier considering one of the characters can't see.
Also sorry for the long wait, I've been trying to juggle this five with the speed and fire rewrite but multitasking is not one of my special skills. I can do a lot of things, just not at the same time... Anyway, enjoy the chapter.
Nico was angry, angry at his sister, his twin sister who he thought would never leave him, had done just that, she left him. She left him for a group of girls that she hadn't even met before today. And he voiced these thoughts.
Bianca was guilty, guilty because she abandoned her brother with little hesitation, but she thought Percy would be able to help him.
Percy was feeling lots of emotions. Sadness for Nico because he was abandoned by his twin sister. Anger toward Bianca for abandoning Nico. And slight confusion as Doogle told him about the first time he ate a taco. How did he get to Mexico?!
The conversations were interrupted as the warm feeling that Percy has felt all too many times now. The arrival of the sun chariot.
"Guys!" Percy yelled to the children of hades, they turned to me, "you feel that?"
After staying still for a bit they nodded "why is it getting warmer?" Nico asked, still glaring at his twin
"That would be the sun chariot," I told the twins, before shifting and leading them to the rest of the group.
We arrived to find the chariot in the form of a red, Maserati spyder and the twin archer gods having a rather one-sided conversation, "I need you to take my hunters and these demigods to camp half-blood." Artemis said, "remember the rules, do not flirt talk or even look at my hunters."
The sun god turned his chariot into a school bus and everyone climbed aboard. Percy didn't bother to shift to his human form until just before the doors. After that, he and Nico walked on and sat in one of the seats close to the front.
In the seat, Percy asked the satyr(who he now knew was named Grover,)what camp half-blood was like, and Nico listened closely as Grover explained.
"Okay," Apollo said, "who wants to drive?"
No one moved. "Come on! Anyone? Thalia! Get up here!" It was quiet as she slowly walked to the front of the bus.
Percy sniffed around a little bit and came up with only one result. But why now?
Nico noticed his friend's look of confusion and asked him about it. "What's wrong?" he asked, placing his hand on his friend's shoulder.
"Something or someone smells," Percy answered,
I was about to answer but a voice from the seat next to us, "we're demigods, we all smell, monster" that voice turned out to be the son of Poseidon. The bus began to lift into the air.
"No Jack, it's not that, I would smell it too if it was, but I don't. Werewolves take the sense of smell to a whole new level." Grover said
"No its- it's not a demigod..." the Werewolf said before the bus shot through the air towards Camp Half-blood. "Oh. So that's what fear smells like." Everyone was screaming, and holding onto whatever they could to anchor themselves.
     It took about an hour to get to camp before Apollo took the wheel and landed the bus safely on top of the half-blood hill. The hunters and campers unloaded the bus and started walking towards camp and Nico followed.
     But, when Percy tried to go with them an invisible force blocked him, sending him flying backwards a few metres. The energy and surprise made Percy lose control, causing him to hunch over in pain and clench his unseeing eyes. "Percy?" Nico asked,
Immediately realizing what's happening, Doogle jumped off of Percy's shoulder and scurried up the pine tree.
"Austin!" Apollo called to one of his sons, "go get the sedative and bring it to me!" The son of Apollo nodded and ran off. Percy and Apollo previously had been keeping up an act that they didn't know each other, but even an idiot could see that the sun god was worried about his friend.
Percy dropped to all fours "get back!" He shouted as his shirt began to tear. He screamed in pain. His face elongated into a snout and his hands and feet shrunk into paws.
When he finished the shift, The demigods were no longer facing a fourteen-year-old boy. They were facing a pure white, blind, and terrified wolf the size of a pickup truck. Wolf Percy roared loudly, and anyone else would have thought he was roaring in rage, but Apollo knew better, the wolf was using echolocation to know what to do. That was when one of the ares kids charged, 'That dude is going to get himself killed!' Apollo thought "No!" But it was too late, Wolf Percy growled and jumped back just before the spear went through his head, sending it into the ground. He grabbed the shaft in his mouth and jerked it out of the hands of the owner, then he spun and hit the demigod directly in the chest with his tail. Nico was almost certain that he heard ribs crack. The son of Ares went flying down the hill and Apollo cursed.
He sent a mental message to Chiron, who had just arrived, 'make sure nobody moves and keep them quiet.' The old centaur nodded, but still seemed wary of the werewolf. "Stand down!" Apollo told the campers, before turning back to Percy.
"Hey buddy, it's me, I-I know you can't see me, or anyone, for that matter. But you need to calm down because your heart is beating too fast for your human body to keep up so the wolf is in control as a safeguard." The sun god said, doing anything he can to get his champion to hear him. "You just need to breathe, bro and the rest of your body will be able to keep up again." The werewolf fell sideways and slowly began to shrink back into Percy.
Everyone sighed in relief, "Thank you" the boy told Apollo before drifting into unconsciousness.
"You're welcome, little amigo." The god smiled, then he picked up his friend and flashed him to the infirmary.
Austin finally returned with the sedative, "hey dad!" He said, "I got the... wait, what did I miss?"
     "Everyone, back to your daily activities!" Chiron ordered, and everyone left.
Time skip
     When Percy woke up, he didn't know where he was, mostly because he couldn't see, but it didn't smell like his cushion. Also, he was in his human form, and he usually sleeps as a wolf.
He sniffed around and used the sound waves from snoring patients, only to find Nico pacing quickly.
He also found Doogle sleeping soundly on his chest. Percy lightly pet the iguana and his green friend purred softly in his sleep. The noise caused Nico to turn to them. "Percy!" He shouted, jolting the werewolf from his thoughts. Percy smiled weakly from his exhaustion. "Are you okay?" Nico asked, sitting down.
'Morning Fido, how'd you sleep' Doogle said and Percy ignored him. 'Rude.'
"Yeah, I'm fine, just pain. My bones are still aching from the forced shift. Give it an hour and I'll be fine." Percy said, reaching out for a glass of water. "Did I hurt anyone?"
"Nah, one dude has a couple Broken ribs and a bruised ego but he'll even alright." Nico replied to his canine friend
Percy nodded, taking in the information, "How long was I out?"
"Only about twenty minutes, Apollo stopped us when we tried to keep you under. He said your wolfishness would start to develop an immunity to it." Nico replied, to which Percy gained a look of recognition.
     "Did Apollo leave me any clothes?" Nico nodded and handed it to him. He had a grey t-shirt, a black jean jacket with wool lining and white striped track pants. "Thank you," Percy said, "can you help me stand up?"
     He wobbled a bit before steadying, Percy got dressed, and the two slowly began to leave the infirmary with Percy leaning on Nico.
     When they got outside, Percy gasped, "wow," he said, "this place is..." the werewolf trailed off, he was speechless.
     "My friend, I couldn't agree more," Nico said, and a voice was heard from behind them.
     "It is, isn't it?" Turning around, Nico saw a girl, 15 years old with punk style hair and a black leather jacket. She had cobalt blue eyes that seem to have electricity flowing through them.
"Thalia, right?" Nico asked, unlike Percy, turning to face her.
"Yeah, Chiron wants to see the wolf in the Big House. You put on quite the show,"
Percy rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "yeah, stupid barrier. Also, the wolf has a name you know."
     "Whatever," she said, rolling her eyes. "Come on, I'll lead you there."
     As they were walking Percy whispered to Nico. "I don't like her." Nico shrugged, and Percy started to talk to Doogle.
     "Hey Doogle, that have magic plates here. You know what that means?" Percy said
     Doogle was silent for a second before he seemed to get very excited. "Tacos?" Percy nodded, "WOOOOOOOHOOOO! Free tacos!" The iguana shouted, running up and down Percy's arm in excitement.
     "I've actually never had a taco before," Percy remembered, Doogle and Nico stopped in their tracks.
     "You've never had a taco before?" They asked incredulously, Percy shook his head.
     Percy shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I just always caught my own food. I'm a werewolf, I grew up in the woods."said.
Nico shrugged and continued walking, and eventually, they made it to the Big House and walked inside.
     "Ah Perseus, Champion of Apollo, how are you feeling? Please sit." Chiron asked, he said it kindly but Percy could also hear a little bit of wariness in his voice.
     Ignoring it, Percy chuckled. "Better than I've been after uh, similar experiences."
"This has happened before?" Chiron asked and Nico was also slightly curious. Percy nodded.
"Yeah a few times," he said, "mostly when I was alone though, it only happens when I get surprised or startled."
Chiron nodded in understanding, "I apologize for that, normally the part about the magical barrier gets explained." He said, "Apollo seemed to care about you," Chiron noted.
     Percy nodded with a smile, "that's my patron for you, did he say anything about where I could stay?" The wolf boy asked.
     "Ah yes, you are both welcome to stay in his cabin and at his table during meals." The centaur said, "Though, he said he was almost certain you would want to sleep outside. Will you be okay with the cleaning harpies?"
     Percy nodded, "yeah I'll be fine, they won't bother me as long as I stay as a wolf." He said, then he sniffed around a little bit. The trainer of heroes laughed.
     "Come," Chiron said, "I'll give you a tour." Then he stepped out of his magic wheelchair, drawing a gasp from Nico, and walked off, with Percy and Nico trailing behind him.
     Nico had already been given the tour, and Percy couldn't see, therefore making it pointless, but Percy still didn't know where anything was. So he followed nonetheless.
     Just as the tour was finishing, a conch horn sounded, signalling dinner time.
      When they walked into the dining pavilion, everyone there(which was about half of the camp) turned to stare at Percy. But he didn't seem to notice and just sat down at the Apollo table with Nico next to him.
     Apollo's children looked at them strangely, but after the two explained, the demigods seemed pretty chill with them. 'Well, at least when you disregard the slight weariness that comes to talking to a werewolf.' Percy thought, but then he shook the thought out of his head, he liked being a werewolf.
One of the demigoddesses broke the silence "Hi I'm Kayla, if you're blind, then how did you know this table was ours?" She asked, and Percy grinned.
"Simple, the vibes." He answered, earning a few confused stares. "Your dad is the sun god, and this table gives off vibes that... Brighten... everyone's day." He and the children of his patron began howling with laughter, and Nico just facepalmed.
'I guess that's one thing they inherited from their father, an amazing obsession for puns.' Doogle said, but he was ignored.
"Oh, my gods!" Will solace shouted through his laughing, "we've been enlightened!" The laughter started up again. Once they calmed down, Percy gained a serious expression.
"The Apollo cabin can be described in many ways, upbeat, optimistic, glass half full type of people. But most importantly, they are," the werewolf looked around as if he expected something to jump out at him. He spoke as if the gods would strike him down for saying it. "Sunny-side-up." Silence. Then, one by one, the table began to clap.
After that ended, the table was quiet. "What now?" It was still quiet, but then Michael Yew's ADHD kicked in. He began to tap his hand on the table.
"Wait Michael," Austin said, "do that again." He did, and this time Will clapped with him. And everyone else caught on. A few satyrs came too. They had around fifteen to twenty people.

After the song, some people were still in shock, but most people were impressed. Others, *cough* Mr. D *cough*were just bored. The entire room burst into applause. Everyone at the Apollo table was smiling. Well, Percy was smiling, during the song he was. The blind boy was clutching his ears groaning in pain.
No one seemed to notice, not until the clapping stopped. Percy started to wobble, clutching his head. He almost fell over, but Will caught him. "Whoa, dude are you ok?" He said, catching the attention of the rest of the table.
"Y-yeah, people just seem to often forget that my hearing is sixteen times stronger than theirs." As he said it, he was rubbing his ears. He also sounded angry, though not at anyone in particular.