Monster

I would just like to point out that none of the music that I use in this or any of my fanfics was written by me. they were written by various artists who are much more musically talented than I am. (you should definitely listen to them).

Leo

Leo was happy. Ever since the beginning of the year, Leo had been the happiest he had been since his mother died. Why? Simple really. For the first time, he had a group of friends. And, cooler stuff just kept happening to him.

Ever since the talk with Nico about the gods, the fire user has been in shock. He was simply unable to believe that his DADA teacher, Professor Apollo, was the ACTUAL Apollo. It was crazy.

And to top it all off! He was a freaking demigod! Speaking of which, his fellow demigod, Nico, seemed to be worried about Percy.

Leo couldn't say he didn't understand, it would be pretty hypocritical, everyone was worried about him. The werewolf had developed a bit of a reputation at Hogwarts.

Percy had been acting... strange, since the trial. He still had his usual happy aura, but his friends knew better. Deep down, he was always grumpy, irritable, and he argued quietly with himself a lot, saying things like, "they require retribution".

Leo didn't know who "They" was, but after Hermione had told them what retribution meant, he didn't think anyone was itching to find out.

The only thing that the son of Hephaestus did know, was that 1. whatever it was, Apollo knew, and it seemed to make him uncomfortable. And 2. It seemed to get worse whenever someone mentioned the trial.

Percy seemed to be trying to avoid Nico, Leo and Professor McGonagall. No one knew why.

The only things that seemed to make him feel a little bit better, was when the whole Apollo being uncomfortable thing started, (Percy must have confided in him, apparently Percy was like the Champion of Apollo or something) and when Remus got out of the hospital wing. The light smile that Percy had when he saw his friend back on his feet was a bit of a relief to everyone.

Not by a lot though.

Nico

Nico was much more worried about Percy than he let on. Percy was supposed to be the happy go-lucky-one between the two of them. Apollo seemed to know what it was about, so the group asked him. The group knew that Percy and Apollo were close, and they knew each other before Hogwarts, but nothing beyond that.

"It's not really my position to tell you. I know what it's about." The group deflated, looking disappointed. "What I can tell you," he continued, "is that Percy never liked hurting anything. Human? Archetype? Magical creature? Animal? He hated it, they were all the same to him."

The sun god didn't leave any more room for questions. He shooed them out of his classroom. "What do you reckon he meant?" Ron asked.

"I think it's pretty obvious," Peter said meekly, "he means Percy is empathetic. He doesn't like causing harm to anyone. He does it because he's a werewolf who grew up in the woods alone, he had to do it to survive, but he hates it more than anything."

"So he's soft, you mean?" James asked, only to get glared at by his brother.

"No, a lot of werewolves are like that," Remus said, "hunting is considered benevolence. And we have policies to make it more so. We look our kills in the eye as it dies so that its soul isn't alone as it departs. We do that every time, even during forced shifts. But Percy is blind, so he physically cannot do that. It makes him feel terrible when he hunts."

Nico thought that over. 'What could that have to do with the trial?' He asked himself. Eventually, the son of Hades decided he would ask him. He silently broke away from the group.