Realizations

Neville

That night, a feast was held in the great hall. There was a nervous excitement everywhere you went. Like tonight, the names would be drawn from the goblet of fire.

When Dumbledore walked up to his stand, the noise ceased, the nervousness hitting full force. Some people were wishing they put their names in, some people were wishing they didn't. And finally, some people were wanting more than anything for their name to be called.

"Welcome all!"Dumbledore boomed, "tonight we will be drawing the names from the goblet of fire." He walked around the stand to the front of the hall, where the goblet of fire stood. "It should happen any second now."

The blue flames of the goblet flashed red, and three slips of paper shot out. The headmaster picked them up off the ground and blew the sparks.

The former DA professor walked back to his stand and began to read names off the papers. "From Beauxbatons ladies academy, Fleur Delacour and Charlotte Auch!"

The Ravenclaw table cheered as their two sixth-year roommates were led to a different room. "From Durmstrang, Victor Krum and Adrian Becker!" A seventh year and a fifth year. The same thing happened, only with the Slytherins.

Finally, it was Hogwarts turn, "I wonder who it'll be." Neville whispered to Percy.

The blind boy shrugged, staring downwards as usual. "Who knows, maybe it'll surprise everyone. Remus and I entered, I know Cedric entered. Not sure who did it with him though." That surprised Neville. He didn't know Percy and Remus had put their names in the goblet.

As Dumbledore continued talking, they quieted down again. "Finally, from Hogwarts, Remus Lupin and Percy Jackson!" Neville's jaw dropped, he had called it!

"See? What did I tell ya." The werewolf said, nudging his friend with a smirk on his face.

He stood, and followed Remus and his fellow competitors out of the room.

Time skip

Percy

The little incident with the boggart happened a week ago, as had the name drawing. Percy didn't like to talk about the former. Only his fellow puffs and his group of friends knew what happened.

Nico and Remus had pieced together that the woman was Percy's mom. To most people, it didn't sound like Percy's relationship with his mom was very good if that was the case, but Nico constantly denied it. No one knew why.

Throughout the week, there was only one person who was able to get Percy to have even a small smile after the many times his friends tried to get him to talk about the whole experience. Leo Valdez.

His Happy-go-lucky personality was intoxicating and contagious. It reminded Percy of Apollo, whom he hadn't gotten to talk to recently since he was his teacher.

Percy didn't tell anyone this, but he had suspicions that Leo was a demigod. He was never sitting still, and he had heard him mumbling about "stupid dyslexia".

Percy brought the topic up to Nico during a herbology class. "Nico," Percy said. The son of Hades looked up from the textbook.

"Hmm?"

"I think Leo might be a demigod," he whispered,  "he shows all the signs. He's never sitting completely still. Never. And I always hear him grumbling about his dyslexia. Heck! He's doing it right now!"

Nico shrugged, "you're right, he's never still, but we can't be sure yet." Percy nodded. They needed to keep an eye on their bubbly friend.

Time Skip