Praecursor

Nico

"...you're not going to like it."

Leo rolled his eyes, "C'mon, it can't be that bad. Just spill the beans already!"

Nico wanted to argue but stayed quiet. Percy sighed sadly, "I... am not going to Camp Half-Blood with you. Or to Hogwarts."

The duo's eyes widened. "W-what! Why?" Leo asked as Nico was too stunned to speak.

Percy began to speak again, so softly that Nico had to lean forwards to hear him. "War is coming. Zeus wants me to go around the continent to find out who's on our side and who's not. A very daunting task for someone who can't fast-travel."

"How long will it take?" Nico said quietly. The wolf boy shook his head.

"I can move pretty fast, even for a werewolf. But the minor gods all live pretty far apart, and unlike the gods, I'll need to rest sometimes. It could take anywhere from 5 months to a year. Either way, you probably won't hear from me for a long time."

Nico and Leo were both looking at the ground, unable to speak. Suddenly, Leo stood, and Percy rose to meet him. Leo spread his arms out, "you sound like you need a hug." The son of Lupa accepted the hug gratefully.

"When do you leave?" He asked as they separated.

"Soon, but there's one more thing I have to do first. Do you mind giving Nico and me a moment?"

Leo nodded and quietly walked out of the room. Percy gently pulled Nico to his feet. "Are you okay?"

The son of Hades shook his head slightly.

"Here, Nico," the Son of Lupa reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out a small golden pendant and placed it in the son of Hades' hands. The pendant was an expertly carved depiction of Cerberus, the three-headed guard dog of the underworld. "Cerberus always protected Hades in the underworld, and now, he can protect you as well."

Nico looked up at Percy's face and was surprised to find that there were only a few inches between their noses. He felt the werewolf's warm breath on his face and his heart rate speeding up. "Perce, you don't have to give this to me."

The boy in question simply shrugged. There was an unquestionably forced troublemaker grin on his face. "Maybe not, but I want to give it to you, which is reason enough of me."

Nico smiled as Percy wrapped the necklace around his neck on a golden chain. "Thank you."

They were quiet for a while, just enjoying their last moments together. "Nico,"

"Yeah?" Nico said.

Percy appeared to be psyching himself up for something. "I know this is a terrible time to ask this, and I'm such a coward for not asking you sooner but," The wolf boy took a deep breath, "Iwaswonderingifyouwantedtobemyboyfriend!"

"W-what!?"

"I was wondering if you would be my boyfriend, I know you probably don't want to. I'm sorry, I'm being stupid and naive. I'm stupid a lot, so-." Percy got cut off as soon as Nico had recovered from his shock.

"Yes, I'll be your boyfriend."

"w-what? You will?" Percy looked like he couldn't believe what he was being told, which was something that made Nico feel for him. Nico replied with a yes and the biggest smile he had ever made. The huge grin that grew on the werewolf's face made it all worth it. Before Nico could react, Percy had wrapped him in the most loving hug he had ever seen, let alone been in.

After a minute or two, Percy let go and gently cupped Nico's face with his hands. "May I?"

Nico could feel his heart running a relay race inside his chest. He nodded ever so slightly. Nico didn't wait for Percy to react and he closed the distance himself. The kiss was electric. Nico put his hands on the back of his new boyfriend's neck as Percy started kissing back.