Forty-Six: Bittersweet Revelation

Start from the beginning

Growling with her nose scrunched, Vicky lifted a finger at me to be mindful of my attitude.

"Just because you're some hot shot she-wolf now doesn't mean I won't still whoop your ass, Shorty!"

And without missing a beat, Vicky scrunched her nose and raised a brow that I ought to cover up. She eyed me up and down that it was indecent of me, and that I should be embarrassed of my muffin top.

Narrowing my eyes, I growled, "I'm... not... fat!"

Vicky grinned, raising her brows as she walked away that she just wanted to get a rise out me.

I shot the back of her head a look while she sauntered away to follow after her sister. 

When I turned, I smiled seeing my family and Eden coming over. Mom was the first to reach me and wrapped a blanket around me. I took it gratefully; securely wrapping it around my torso and holding the ends together in front of me.

Then I was able to rush into my parents' arms. My Dad's kisses on my head made me smile, and Mom's words of how worried she'd been for me had me sigh. 

I looked up at my dad to see that he'd taken a few good hits in the fight. There was dried blood in the corner of his forehead and by his lip, while some scratch marks were running down his neck.

The rest of my family was pretty much the same. My eyes landed on Cody who grinned at me that he had Nikko by his side the whole time which explained why Cody looked more dirty than bloody.

A huge relief washed over me when my sister with her arm in a sling was seen behind the two boys, with Sawyer beside her on crutches. Immediately, I rushed over to hug my sister.

Cece laughed lightly, shaking her head as she whispered to me that she was so proud of me. "We told you that you were meant for something more," she reminded me.

I smiled, looking to Sawyer whose bruised face and bloodied hands. I looked down at the long gash running down the middle of his thigh that was bent slightly as he leaned on his crutches.

"I'm glad you're alright." I told them both, stepping back from Cece. I took in all of the loving faces around me. "All of you. I don't know what'd I do if I'd lost you. Any of you."

Dad wrapped his arm around me, kissing my head and pointed out that I would have avenged them. As I should have. Mom frowned, slapping the back of her hand against my dad's shoulder. Dad chuckled, glancing at me with a shrug.

Shaking my head, I smiled back. It felt good to know my family was alright. That I didn't lose them like I feared I would. And they were proud of me. Even if I did get scary for a nanosecond. Which my mom brought up.

Her hazel eyes were wide as she placed her hands on her chest as she did when worried.

"I was so frightened for you, Gigi! I was so scared that you let the Darkness take over completely!"

Grinning, I shook my head and scolded my mom for having such little faith in me. At her stricken face, I laughed, reaching over to hug her and laughed"I'm kidding!"

Mom hugged me back tightly, sniffling that she was so frightened for her baby girl. I nodded, opening my eyes to meet Eden's. She was smirking, raising a brow at me while folding her arms in front of her chest.

When Mom stepped back, snuggling into my dad's side, Eden rushed me with her arms up in the air. 

I was startled a little but then looked upward when she cried, "Gigi! Don't you ever do that to me again! You can't leave me with these crazy people!"