Chapter 76: Time-Out

Start from the beginning

Suzuki picked up the device and inputted an array of numbers. His finger hovered over the call button, but then he put the device to sleep and placed it face down on the desk. There was no point to it. That chapter of his life was over and done with.

Suzuki swiped the monitor's screen to transfer its contents to the holo-screen to its left, then opened a different site. This was where he secretly uploaded all his works, his very own black site, courtesy of James Shouyou. A 3-D armor popped up, and he pushed that to the holo-screen to the right. He then 'dragged' it out of the screen and 'flung' it to the closer of the two holo-projectors.

The image settled, then expanded till it was human-sized, allowing him to inspect every single detail as it would appear if it was crafted. It was an impressive piece of craftsmanship, combining the light and fashionable cloth armor of the east with heavyweight western armor.

Suzuki gave it a once over, snorted, and then clapped, crushing the armor and sending it straight to the trash bin. It was time to try something different. Kashi's discovery of the gems had opened up a whole new realm of possibilities.

Suzuki returned the L.N.E site to the primary monitor and went to the chatroom, curious as to the happenings around Dreiza. He scrolled through until he found one that seemed like it might contain something useful, then entered the chatroom as Ragnarouge.

@Wastertime98: Well, well, seems we got a fresh one boys and girls. Yo, what's up Rogue?

...

@Wastertime98: Silent type eh? No sweat, observers are welcome too. We into all kinds of kinky stuff in here. Ain't that right Sensei?

@The Instructor: Give it a rest Waste.

@pwnnewbs247365: Yh man, ain't nobody's fault you gt played by an NPC girl. Don't gotta tk it out on the new guy.

@Wastertime98: Hey! Dat was private!

@Draculgun: Hey guys! Jst logged off. You guys see that giant mask in the sky?

@Wastertime98: Nope! Was dropping my damned sis off at work. Missed the biggest event of all time!

Suzuki kept silent as the group raved on and on about how 'ill' the masked boss was, his significance, and other theories. He was about to log out when...

@TheInstructor: With everything that's happening, you guys still think Janez is going to make his move?

@Draculgun: Don't think even demons can stop that madman. He wants blood. You saw his declaration on the forums yesterday.

@Wastertime98: Yh man, 1mil fr info on d Hopeful Maggots. Dat's crazy!

@pwnnewbs247365: Y'all heard bout d bridge in Rosen? Tink Janez gonna let dat slide?

A sharp knock on his door drew Suzuki's attention from the animated discussion. He picked his phone and almost smiled when he saw the person standing outside. "Open."

The door unlocked, and Jade waltzed in with the confidence only an owner should have, decked out in her goth-inspired clothing as usual. She had switched up her hairstyle, though. It was now tied to the back, the ends somehow standing like the ends of a broom. Finally, he could see her full face, left eye no longer shielded by her bangs.

Chocolate-brown eyes scanned the empty room, before resting on its occupant, brows raised in disbelief. "How can you even live like this?"

"Hello to you too," Suzuki replied, the tiniest bit of amusement in his voice.