Part 2, Chapter 28. A Night Under The Stars

Start from the beginning

Snorlax and Blastoise are keeping to themselves, but glance at the four conversing.

Absol strolls up to Blare and Kyla. "You've done it now!" She sings, as she passes.

With Suicune's face on Miltank's level, she smiles. "Oh, come now! A nurse's job is extremely important!"

Miltank shyly begins backing away. "It really wasn't me, so much as my milk.."

Suicune smirks. "Do you happen to have high blood pressure?"

Miltank looks up questioningly. "No.. why?"

"I was just trying to figure out the reason for your flushed face." Suicune answers.

Miltank hands quickly fly up to her face. "I.. uh.. ehhh.." She buries her face in her hands, blushing brighter than before.

Suicune raises her head. "That is what I thought. You have a crush on Chaz!"

"Come on now. There is no reason to tease her. So what if she has a crush on me?" Chaz responds.

Miltank looks up at him, with tears beginning to flow from her eyes. "Is that how you feel? 'So what'? Are my feeling so unimportant to you?!" She runs off crying and buries her face into the trunk of a tree.

Chaz begins to follow her, but Suicune gets in front of him. "Just let her be. It will only be worse if you try to apologize now."

Chaz stares back at her. "You owe her an apology too."

Suicune whips her hair. "Why? I actually helped, believe it or not."

Chika looks confused at the conversation.

"How was that helping?" Chaz asks.

Suicune smiles. "Now that I helped her confess, it will be easier to let her down gently."

Kyla sighs, putting her hand over her face. "Oh no."

Blare watches intently, almost excited by the romance unfolding before her.

Chaz crosses his arms. "And what makes you think I was unaware of her feelings, or that I planned to let her down gently?"

"Oh please! Why would a big, powerful Pokemon like you want with a Miltank.." She leans against Chaz, and whispers in his ear. "When you could have.. someone.. like.. me?" She leans back with a flutter of her eyes, and a confident smile.

Chaz stands speechless. His eyes narrowing as his anger slowly builds.

In the background, Miltank continues to cry.

Espeon sits down, intently watching. Her expression is mirrored by Blare's.

Kyla quickly advances on them. "Okay!"

All the Pokemon quickly turn towards her.

"I guess introductions are a bit of a mute point, but these are our new friends." Kyla motions to Suicune, Raikou, and Entei. "This is Raikou, the youngest of the three siblings. Suicune, the middle sibling. And Entei, the eldest brother. Needless to say, these are Ho-Oh children, and they will be traveling with us for a while."

Absol prances over to Entei, glancing back at Suicune. "Hi there, big boy! You look like the strong and capable type. I can dig that."

Entei smiles warmly. "Well, aren't you straight forward."

Absol chuckles. "Depends on the strength of my opponent."

Suicune growls. "Hey! Stop flirting with my big brother!"

Absol turns her head, to look at Suicune, cocking her head slightly to the right. "Why not? You are flirting with Chika's big brother."

Entei sighs. "I'm flattered but..."