Chapter 1: Trapped in fluffy handcuffs

Marco

Deep and dark. I fell into the pitch-black emptiness and I didn't give a damn. Because this was my punishment and it had taken quite a while, talk about paperwork.

Only the fact that Anastasia had to see me like this was the thing that I regretted the most. Her cries and tears still haunt me and they always will in this never-ending prison.

The Nether Realm; if you think that Hell is the ultimate punishment, then you will have to go there for a road trip after you experience the horror of this Realm. Forgotten from both God and Devil, this is the only place which Angels and Demons loathe and fear at the same time.

And here I am, falling in this place right now. Although my eyes are open, I can't see anything; I don't feel the air, there is no wind as also any trace of anything living.

My back is sore; fuck that Ivan! He had to scar me like that only to satisfy that blue haired boy, Leito. The Archangels were only looking emotionless at all these! Succubuses are far more passionate than those robots! And Feith; yes, that great excuse of Inspector! He gave a report which would easily save Anastasia from all trouble, but he didn't even wink when Ivan chopped me and humiliated me in front of my human!

Oh Anastasia; her name implies the one who will be reborn. How ironic, but those blonde hair and warm brown eyes were enough to make even the worst sinner feel like he was in Heaven. Wait, since when did I become a pedophile? How lame of me, but her smile, her power and even her idiotic, to me, decisions were making her brave, strong and beautiful.

I couldn't lie easily to her and she could "read" me like an open book. Those 11 years since the formation of our contract were the best I've lived on the surface of this cursed planet. Ana was also the one who tried to help me and support me in many occasions. But my little princess couldn't realize that only her presence was enough to soothe me.

I am still wondering since when did I start to have feelings for her; from her vacations on the beach? Or at that night on the bar? From the day I saw those transparent wings on her back, I didn't want to admit it at first but deep down, I wanted Ana to be the one I've been searching for. What was my only restrain? I couldn't bear to see her suffering the same fate many others suffered before her.

"A man?"

The voice made me snap; I didn't expect to hear anyone.

"Who's there?"

"Define 'there', idiot."

Oh, here we go...

"Ok, what are you and show me your direction so I can punch you until death!"

A giggle was heard from all directions; I couldn't find its source.

"A feisty one! It's been 2000 years since I've had visitors! Stay right where you are, I'll summon you!"

"As if I could go anywhere..." I mumbled.

Suddenly I felt the gravity pulling me straight down. I gritted my teeth, trying not to let a sound slip from me as the strength of the pull almost crushed me on something cold.

I was lying supinely on a cold surface with my arms and legs stretched; something hairy was around my ankles and wrists, holding me still on the ground. Where was I?

A faint glow lightened slightly the area around me; it was a large plain, full of stones in the form of tables. Some of them were on the black ground; others were positioned in every single angle anyone could think.

It was a gigantic cave; Death's cave is a tiny apartment in front of this! But there were no columns or stalactites on the cave's black ceiling and judging from what I could see, there was no entrance or exit from here; I was trapped.