Part 48

It was a matter of minutes when black clouds started covering the sky and winds grew strong, rains were not uncommon in this weather but seeing the bright day no one could have conjectured such a turn of the day.

They had waited for the whole day and when finally it was too much bua had called her mother in law to ask what was the case.

Anjana didn't tell anything on the phone but assured everything was under control and they would be home soon and they won't wait for them but have lunch and rest.

Since bua had to take medicines so she didn't skip meals and she was already done but Zoya could not eat, she didn't feel like but since bua herself was strict on regular meals she forced her a few morsels and now both of them were seated in the living room, silently waiting for them.

Bua was focused on some articles on her phone and Zoya tried to clean the imaginary specks of dust off the shelf and when it was finished, she walked to the balcony when the weather changed.

It was the moment when Kavya 's voice came from a distance and then it increased as their house help Sarita came to her carrying the baby in her hands.

"Bhabhi, I think I should leave before the weather turns worst... I heard baby's voice so thought I'll bring her to you." in her mid-30s she was an amazing human and without anyone knowing about her arrival and departure-she competed for her works with such precision that left them stunned.

"thank you Tai and weather has already turned grey, I think you should not leave you might get caught in the weather." turning to see the outside weather she stopped the lady. "actually sit here and watch some television till it turns good," she suggested and patted her baby who's activeness nowadays were also pressure on her.

"No...no, its fine bhabhi.I'll leave now only otherwise you know these rains... it won't be a wonder if you hear a flood in the city tomorrow evening." Sarita reasoned with a joke.

"Okay then, I won't stop you." Zoya didn't push her.

"you are limping, did you fall or something bhabhi?" Sarita asked when she saw Zoya struggling as she walked, giving pressure on one foot.

"Arey nothing big, just a small injury." Zoya forced a smile on her face.

"oh okay." Sarita complied but in the next moment, Zoya saw a hint of a smile on her face which disappeared soon.

Zoya closed her eyes on mortification. "don't know what are you thinking about, Sarita."

After closing the door she came back and took a deep breath letting the pain subside. she reminded herself to rub the herbal pain relieving oil before sleep today and also a glass of turmeric and milk.

As soon as Kavya saw her she started jumping on her seat for her mother to come and take her.

"i don't think she wants more of this old lady," Bua said as Zoya approached them.

"it's not like that bua, I think I could not give her enough time in between the things so she just wants more of my attention." she smiled, leaning to the chair and accepting her daughter's open hands.

She took her in her hands and walked back to the balcony, in this condition she could not carry her for long so she dragged a stool and make her stand on that and holding her securely looked outside.

"Such weathers have become gloomy for her, in such black, misty days had come a few of worst news..." she pondered and clicked her tongue immediately, ashamed of herself thinking this way and focused her eyes to their surroundings.

Just in front of their apartment was, in the next building's balcony three small kids two boys and a little girl preferably their sister were shouting in the strong wind and were laughing their hearts out.