part 7

Two days had passed since he had landed in Dublin and he was unable to sleep, every time he closed his eyes he saw him.

It was so hard to switch off the lights, darkness was making him feel suffocated... he tried making his brain understand he was not alone but every time he closed his eyes he was feeling it back, the same feeling was making him restless.

At home he had this assurance that there were a lot of people around him so he was okay, was away from those thoughts and memories but as he was here the horrible things were back to him.

He wanted to sleep but was ending up with two or three hours of sleep in the morning and it was making him feel more restless.

So today after a lot of thinking and control on his self he thought to have a drink, he recalled once he had tried it with his friends and he had gotten a sound sleep.

It wasn't going to harm him if he took one glass, perhaps he needed it.

_____________*_____________

It was around 2:00 when her phone went off and initially she thought it was something else but later she understood it was her phone ringing from so long.

As soon as she reached for it the ringer silenced suggesting a missed call and switching the lights she took a hold on her phone and the screen surprised her.

"5 missed calls from Aditya."

And before she could have thought anything the phone ringed again and she silenced it not to break her daughter's sleep.

Taking the call she said a sleepy Hello to the person on the other side who was calling her at this hour of the night.

"Zoya, I feel so alone... just keep talking with me. I swear I am not going to do this again." his manly voice which felt hoarse right now pleaded her.

To her, he sounded alien, why he was behaving that way it was beyond her senses.

"aditya.. are you okay?" she asked sitting straight in the bed.

"Promise me you are not going to tell Ma or anyone about it first."

"aditya..what happened?" and she felt terrified with the situation.

"first Promise na..." he requested.

"okay..I promise but what happened?" she did what he asked.

"it has gone horribly here, I am unable to sleep." and the words sounded pathetic.

"Aditya... what happened I am here with you, tell me." she tried assuring him.

"i know you are in Malad and I am here in Dublin, you are not with me ..you were never." he was talking strangely.

"aditya..something happened?" she asked again.

"do you know?" and he waited like a kid so she asks what.

And when she didn't reply he asked again, "do you know Zoya?"

"no, tell me what you want to say," she asked.

"I was so madly in love with you... but when you two got married I made myself understand this was destiny." he went on.

"aditya..what happened, are you okay?" she felt restless hearing it.

"i didn't feel this hot that time, I was okay but here in Dublin it feels so alone, every time I am alone his memories start...I am unable to close my eyes," he told her about the sleeplessness.