Chapter 14: Real name and a sparring match

You'd missed most of the event. They had it televised , and you saw the rerun of it. But how were you going to explain to Kid why you'd been gone for the whole event. He could smell a lie that for sure.

Crap I still have come up with a good excuse. I guess I should've had Garp beat me up or something. At least then I could've said I got jumped by multiple people.

"Hey you!" You jumped turned and saw Pirate Hunter Ronora Zoro.

"Uh hi. Can I help you?"

"Yeah let's spar." Huh??

"Um why?"

"Are you kidding I saw you fight that big guy and the guys at the fighting arena. You're strong I want to challenge you!"

"Look I appreciate the compliment and that you acknowledge my strength but I kinda need to find Captain Kid."

"Yeah he made it pretty clear what purpose you serve on his ship."

You were about to reem him for that comment but realized he didn't mean it in a bad way. He was just stating a fact without judgement or malice.

"C'mon just one sparring match! I see you have a whip and a dagger. You'll be fun to fight! We can make it to whoever collapses first"

"You don't take the answer 'no' very well do you?"

He smiled then.

"Believe me Luffy is worse."

"I've heard stories."

"Nothing like the real thing I can promise you that."

You thought about it. Knowing his fighting skill and style would help the Navy.

"Tell you what, sundown at the same beach you saw me fight my old coworker."

"Deal!" He held his hand and you shook it. "Hell yeah I gotta eat and get my strength up! See ya then..uh what was your name again?"

"Opal."

"See ya Opal!" As he ran off in the opposite direction of the docks you walked towards the Kid pirates ship still trying to come up with a story as to why you had missed the event.

Killer saw you first.

"Opal! Where the hell were you?"

"Complicated. Where's Kid?"

"In his workshop but I wouldn't go in there right now. He's cranky."

"I know he is I figured I'd just get the tongue lashing and beating over with."

"I don't know if I should applaud you or slap you over the head for knowing him so well."

"You can do both if you want Blondie." He just continued to stare at you. You bet if you could see his face he'd probably be glaring. "Later Killer."

"Rest in peace short stack." You had your veins pop out.

"You know a quick shot to your crouch and you and me will be the same height." And with that you walked away. Leaving Killer shaking. Probably holding in his laughter.

You felt your steps getting heavier and heavier. What the hell am I supposed to say? You knocked.

"Fuck off." Oh joy.

"Kid it's me can I come in?" You waited, then the door opened on its own you took that as your queue to walk in. He was hunched over working on something. The air was heavy with anger. It choked you. "Kid sorry I wasn't there to see you off."