"Yeah."

Stiles turned back around, "Right? Peter. Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give him $500,00."

Scott looked lost, "We should give Derek his money back. But not Peter?" Yeah part of me is still saying we just ship it all to south america, let Cora do what she wants with it.

"I didn't say that." Stiles looked so guilty.

I swallowed, "Then what are you saying?"

My question never got an answer because we heard someone in front of the door. Scott slid the money under his bed, as Stiles and I scrambled to move to a normal position. We all turned to face Isaac and Malia at the door, "We found Satomi's pack. Us and Derek." Isaac stopped.

"But they're dead." Malia finished.

"All of them?" Scott asked, almost leaning to Malia.

"All the ones we found." Okay, not everything sounds better in a british accent.

Stiles took a few steps forward, "Then where's Derek."

"The hospital." Malaia paused to catch her breath, "We found Braeden. Half dead."

~

The halls of the school felt claustrophobic as all of us but Lydia stood in line. I leaned into Scott's ear, "Something feels wrong."

He turned to look at me, "Wrong how?"

"That's the worst part. I don't know."
Kira stopped our conversation looking around, "Where's Lydia?"
"She took it her freshman year." Lottie answered, twiddling her thumbs.

Malia turned to her, "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?"

"Malia." Scott's eyes shifted to her balled fist as she got more nervous, "You studied harder for this than any of us."

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." She said frantic.

"Well." Evlynn said before biting her lip.

"Well...What?"

"It-it's do well, not good."

"Oh god." Malia pushed her body to a wall of lockers behind us.

"It's okay." I looked over to Scott, Stiles, and Allison. "It seems pointless that I'm here. But here I am. And if I'm taking this, so are you. You're gonna do amazing." Allison just rolled her eyes at me, Isaac seeming to pick up on my emphasis on the word pointless directed at my friends who know what I am.

"Yeah. Not only that. But while we're trying not to die we still need to live. I mean if I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college." Scott spoke to the worried coyote. (That sounds like a failed Looney-tunes plotline) It took everything in me not to look at Kira. I could almost feel the dark kitsune staring at me before it's born. Before a dick name Theo tears her life apart.

"I'm only here cause I have to be." Isaac said with a wink.

"It's only three hours." Allison points out.

"Yeah. We can survive three hours." Kira adds.

"Don't jinx it." Chloe spoke hitting her head on the locker behind her.

~

It seemed I was the only person he hesitated to do anything prior to the test. I've taken California Standardized tests before. Never did you have to leave your thumbprint as part of the test. But still I did what I was told, taking a seat behind a girl named Tracy. (Shit, Tracy? Why did I not notice that earlier?)