스물 아홉

The first step to
recovery is accepting help.

Jeongguk puffs angry sighs through his nostrils, "He did what?!" 

"It's not really a big deal, Ggukie-"

"Don't say that!" Jeongguk's flickering, red eyes match his dark flushed cheeks. 

The friendly duo met Jeongguk and his 'girlfriend,' Jennie, at a random diner.

Jennie got up to use the restroom and that was Hana's golden opportunity to speak up to Hye Jin's unknowing brother.

"I know it seems bad, but calm down a little Gguk-"

"Shut up, Hana!" Jeongguk was outraged, his hands clenching into tight fists, his veins protruding throughout his forearms.

Hana looks down, Hye Jin chewing her lip. The tension was thick to choke out anyone. Until, the ditzy, brunette enters the scene.

"Ah, Ggukie, my feet are killing me! Can we go home? Maybe you can work the tension out?" Jennie curls her lip to a side smirk, wanting to ditch Hana and Hye Jin.

"Not right now, Jennie." He doesn't even glance at her.

Jennie is slightly agitated with that answer. Not only did she finally have time to get with Jeongguk, but he's also been ignoring her.

It seemed like he didn't even want her.

"Jeongguk-ah." She whines a pout setting on her lips. She sits on his lap, nudging her hips against his. Jennie gently scratches his veins with her long nail, as she tilts her head at his. Eyes feigning fake innocence.

Jeongguk doesn't care about her antics while the woman straddles his lap. Couldn't she see he was in distress? Her short, dark red and black, plaid skirt hitches up her mid-thigh. Jennie tugs her shirt lower to expose her cleavage.

"Jennie, I'm not in the mood right now."

"But, Jeonggu-" Jennie strokes his cheek.

"I had enough!" The older male snatches her wrist as he elbows her, coaxing Jennie to leave.

Jennie growls before flinging her hand back and clasping her purse. "Don't bother calling."

Jeongguk grunts before, watching his distressed sister fiddle with her thumbs. "I'm sorry about that."

"No, I should be. I'm no special for you to end things with Jennie."

"Hye Jin, it was bound to happen. Besides, you're my sister. I owe you my attention and the world."

Hye Jin gazes at the distraught man, as her eyes gloss over. "Jimin says I am nothing without him. That I wouldn't have gotten the promotion without him. That I-"