스물

I guess watching older couples made me believe in love.

But...

I didn't know not everyone was blessed enough to have it.

His neck muscles were spasming against the hardwood floor

His neck muscles were spasming against the hardwood floor. Namjoon groaned, sitting up slowly and rolling his shoulders until he heard a satisfying pop.

Hye Jin was still sleeping and still was possibly sick. Her full lips pouted as she slept quietly. Namjoon gulped, Why am I being so weak?

Yet, his thumb was brushing against her thick bottom lip, watching how the fatty tissue molded with his finger. She naturally began to salivate on his thumb before he pulled back, a soft wet pop noise from the action. 

If only Hye Jin knew how badly he wanted to kiss her juicy, pouty lips. Or how badly he just wanted her, for years.

Namjoon's eyes focused on the small mole on Hye Jin's cheek. He remembers meeting her at the club months ago. He wished he could've introduced himself sooner. Maybe things wouldn't have escalated to how they are now.

Hye Jin's eyes shifted inside her lids before she slowly opened them. Namjoon quickly wiped his thumb against his joggers before she gazed at the man confusedly.

"You're still here?" He bites his lip, shrugging his shoulders. "Where do you sleep?"

Her voice was soft and raspy with sleep. Namjoon tried not to think about it so much. "I just slept here."

"On the floor?" A brow cocked.

"Yeah, I didn't want to impose." Namjoon raises himself off the ground, his knees cracking as he stands.

Hye Jin just shakes her head, propping herself on her elbow. 

"You should rest." He mutters.

"I've been sick before I can take care of myself."

Namjoon doesn't argue. This conversation was oddly familiar.

He walks inside her kitchen, pulling out certain groceries from the other day. Namjoon could hear the pattering of the rain slapping against the roofs and windows as he tried to calm himself.

"What're you making?"

"Soup." He says nonchalantly. "It'll help you feel better."

Hye Jin can feel the tension seeping into her pores. But she doesn't understand why. How did things change in a matter of a few days when she was barely conscious.

She knows Namjoon hadn't pulled anything suspicious. Her body was relaxed beside the chilled aches she would feel from time to time because of her fever.

Hye Jin knows Namjoon, and he would never pull a stunt like that.

Ever.

She slowly gets up from her position on the couch, her legs wobbling slightly from lack of use. Hye Jin also was dizzy, her brain spinning around in tight circles.