열 다섯

What have I done to get hated by

the only person I truly loved.

Jeongguk shoved his fists in his jacket pockets

Jeongguk shoved his fists in his jacket pockets. The air was frigid as he searched for the older woman. 

"Hana?" He calls out.

He groans to himself, as the search went from minutes to hours. He didn't trust Hana would go back to her place on her own. She lived in such barbarous, tacky apartments. Everyone seemed uncultured and dirty.

Fits her perfectly. Jeongguk laughed inwardly. But his conscience troubled him afterward.

She was a recovered alcoholic and Hye Jin often said she'd been through a lot. 

"Why does she just have to piss me off?" Jeongguk exasperates.

The young man continues searching for Hana. He makes his way to a children's park until he spots familiar violet-colored hair swaying as the woman swings.

He marches over the carefree woman as she whips her head around. Hana scans Jeongguk up and down before she scowls facing forward.

"Hey!" Jeongguk shouts at Hana but she ignores him swinging slightly higher. 

Jeongguk clenches his jaw before he sits on the available swing next to Hana.

He pushes himself until he's steadily raising the ground, but not too high.

"I'm... not aware of what I did wrong?" Jeongguk holds his tongue back. He was not about to apologize to his sister's bothersome friend.

Hana slows down until she's at the same pace. "Come on, Jeongguk. Am I that bad?"

Jeongguk bulges his tongue against his cheek, silently contemplating.

Hana scoffs before hollering, "Jeongguk, I didn't think you were like this! I always gave you the benefit of the doubt because of your childhood and background." She licks her lips and sniffles tilting her chin at him. "But I guess you just come off as a sweet guy, not the fake, selfish jerk you are."

Hana clamps her hand around the chains of the seat. She didn't have the motivation or energy to leave. Little sobs escaped her mouth as she clenched the metal tighter.

Jeongguk round eyes widened before biting his plump lower lip. 

He scans over Hana's soft yet jagged appearance. Her hair was dark blue with strips of purple highlights. She had a couple of piercings on her lobe, around five together. Hana was a diamond in a rough.

She must've been forced to be a tough woman her whole life but was actually soft, sweet, and gentle. Her warm, chocolatey-brown eyes blank multiple tears back as Hana tries to calm herself.

Ice crystals began to drift in the chilly wind as Jeongguk glanced up. A snowflake forms and plops in the slope of his nose. He grins softly to himself, "Hey, it's snowing."

Hana's breathing slows down as her tense hands trembled then relax. "Yeah..."

Her hair is framing her face beautifully as she looks up at Jeongguk, black liner smeared over her eyes as she sniffles.

The younger breath hitches as the snowflakes latch onto her hair and clumped lashes. "I'm-"

"It's fine, Jeongguk. I know I am disgusting and you hate my guts. Let's just..." she sighs softly, getting up from her seat. "You don't have to apologize. We can go back to before..."

Jeongguk nods, dazed by Hana's expression and her croaky voice.

•••

As they head back towards Hana's place, Jeongguk keeps defending himself for his obnoxious attitude. She is just so infuriating.

His eyes shift towards Hana's wandering gaze. She curled her legs to her chest as she pointed at the window.

"Hmm, there's a fight by my apartment." She mumbles tapping on the glass.

Jeongguk's heart swells, feeling overprotective and the need to securely get the small woman home was his major concern.

"Thanks, Jeongguk, you can just drop me off here." She unbuckles her seatbelt as the man panics.

"Hye Jin left her coat at your place!" He blurts out.

Hana snickers dryly before she glares sternly at him. "What? "

"I have to accompany you." Jeongguk rubs the back of his neck before, Hana stares at him in disbelief, crossing her arms. "Just so I can get the jacket."

He clears his throat not so subtly.

Hana rolls her eyes before getting out and slamming the car door shut. Jeongguk lips twitched before he followed the woman.

As they walk, Jeongguk's hand brushes against Hana, she quickly draws back. Jeongguk rolls his eyes, shoving his hands back in the pockets of his jacket.

The snow started to stray and pile up on the ground. Hana shivered, repeatedly huffing puffs of hot air against her hands.

Jeongguk chuckled softly, stopping in front of her door. Jeongguk absentmindedly takes Hana's hands into his as she widens her eyes.

"Next time wear mittens." He whispered softly, thumbing his warm digits across her freezing skin.

Hana's heart raced before pulling back completely. Jeongguk woke up from his trance before he clasped his hands together.

"Do you want to get the coat, or...?" 

Jeongguk's phone buzzed repeatedly, staring at the lit-up screen. "Oh, she said she found it."

Hana nods slowly as she unlocks the door, stepping inside. Without a word, she slams the door shut.

The man sighed softly making his way to the car before seeing a limp body on the ground. The dirty-blonde hair looked familiar as Jeongguk's voice echoed.

"Namjoon?"

He runs to the body as it tries crawling but spits up blood. 

Jeongguk kneels down, and the man stutters a plea for help, before coughing up more thick blood.

"Are you...Namjoon?" Jeongguk is unsure but the man nods frantically, gripping the younger's collar, sputtering nonsense.

"It's okay! It's okay, Namjoon." Jeongguk shushes the older and larger man, securing Namjoon's arms around his neck and limping to the red Camry.

He staggers the man in the backseat, before lifting his gaze to Jeongguk. The dark crimson liquid is heavy and thick dripping down his crushed nose. He is literally gurgling in his own blood as he sputters all over his bruised lips. His left eye is so swollen that Jeongguk was surprised Namjoon could recognize the young lad.

"We'll get you somewhere safe."

But Namjoon seems off like he's not there. As if his mind is fogged over by a thick cloud of pharmaceuticals. Namjoon shifts his eyes as Jeongguk starts the vehicle speeding. The older man's eyes drift to sleep before he murmurs something actually intelligible.

"I'm sorry."

He mouths his sister's name before he blacks out.

A/N: Might update more often because I'm bored and have barely any hobbies.

Please don't get annoyed with the frequent updates. I'm just so bored 😭

How are you guys feeling? Hope all is well! ❤❤❤