스물 넷

Winter is now over where our love had bloomed

But why in Spring I'm still lamenting over you?

Winter left as quickly as it came, and so did Hye Jin's feelings for Namjoon and their little rendezvous

Winter left as quickly as it came, and so did Hye Jin's feelings for Namjoon and their little rendezvous. She couldn't even bring herself to remember why she almost had fallen for the tall, lean man. She couldn't even care to recall the times of the habitual parties at nightclubs that caused her something so precious. 

Hye Jin chews her leafy salad in thought. She was sitting in the hospital cafeteria as she tried to forget her almost winter lover. 

The past season couldn't help her but recall Hye Jin's then-fiance. Fiery, red curls as he sleds down the mountainous and snowy slope. He loved the winter and lived for the danger that came with it. 

"Hye Jin, you alright?" Jimin questions thumbing a salty tear from her eye.

"Oh yeah," she chokes, sniffling up her welled up cries.

Jimin frowns before taking a seat next to her. "I know... it's hard. But we're close to cracking this case! Then everything is back to normal."

"Jimin, I can't-" she drops her head to the table before having a silent sob. "I can't finish the case."

Jimin's lips twitched before pressing them into a thin line. "It's okay, Hye Jin," He uses her vulnerability against her, wrapping an arm around the woman's slim waist as the malicious man pulls her close.

"I know what can keep your mind off of things..." His breath is shaky as he whispers against her ear. 

Hye Jin pulls back, desperation washing over her, eyeing his reaction through water crystal-dripped lashes. Nodding slowly, Jimin grabs her wrist, pulling her to the nearest janitor's closet.

•••

Like the blooming days of spring, Namjoon's love for Hye Jin thrived through the treacherous winter. Yet, he made it his duty not to approach her. Wasn't it true that if startling a precious creature could make you less desirable, less welcoming? 

The older man thought he scared Hye Jin off with his "pretend for today" speech. He was a criminal anyways and that scared the public more than anything else.

Namjoon walks inside his room, tracking dirt and mud with his work boots.

His only house pet seemingly gave up on him as well, wilting as he hasn't eaten in weeks. The venus flytrap sulks with Namjoon in the darkest corner of the room, as the human remains powerless to his vibrant memories. 

It was today. 

The first day of spring. The days where languid death overshadowed the prosperous season of life.

His left pectoral cramped along with the faltering binds inside his heart. Gripping his hair in pain, he needed a sweet release.

His dark eyes flickered towards the medical bin underneath his desk. He was such a criminal. Such a murderer and unremorseful for his sins. 

•••

A woman with short black hair smiles kindly at her son, a sleeping baby girl in her arms.

"Mama..." Namjoon eyebrows knit together in confusion. 

"Ah, Joonie." She places the baby in the crib, tears stained the little girls pink, chubby cheeks, making him feel repentant. 

"I didn't mean to-"

"I know you didn't. But your father needs some convincing." Her eyes flicker to the baby before warmly at Namjoon. "Please tell me what happened."

But his lips stay pressed, nibbling his mouth as he shifts his weight on each foot. 

"Namjoon..." she warned. 

"I don't want to get in trouble."

"Trust me. I'll talk to your father. You'll be safe."

Namjoon's mother knew about the existing conflict between the three-year-old and his father. That didn't mean she understood or allowed it.

"I thought Eunji wanted a bite of my apple...I didn't know she'd choke." Rapid tears rushed down his plush face like a waterfall. 

He loved his younger sister. He honestly did. Yet, that didn't stop his father from thinking the boy will always hurt her. 

When Namjoon ate his afternoon snack, apple slices, Eunji watched him. Cooing eagerly and drooling at the juicy, crunchy fruit. Namjoon being only a toddler himself force-fed her a whole slice. His eyes widen at her gagging and choking noises.

Thankfully her father came home from work on time before their mother finished her shower. 

His mother pulled the boy in her warm embrace as he sobbed, "Daddy thinks I'm a bad person."

She smiled sadly before whispering in his ear, "He doesn't know that as long as the sun shines, you'll always be good to me."

•••

Namjoon chuckles dryly, shivering as his body quakes with adrenaline. He was in euphoria with his happy pills. It couldn't be better or feel better. 

His arms shake as he moans in complete bliss. He doesn't even remember how many likes he popped. He just knew he couldn't remember the woman's unforgettable face. 

Or his mother's calm, reassuring words. All that was behind him and he was living in the moment. He was pretending everything okay, that he was a drug addict, or a criminal or in love.

He was just pretending for today, at least.

A/N: Sorry for this really short chapter. >.< I just wanted to write something so i wouldn't be so consumed with writer's block.

I hoped you all enjoyed it!!!