일곱

I've made plenty of mistakes
But dating a person like you will always be my biggest regret...

I've made plenty of mistakesBut dating a person like you will always be my biggest regret

"I told you on multiple occasions not to go by yourself!" Jeongguk yelled in frustration.

Hye Jin ran her hands through her hair. "I know. I know that now because it's my fault, right?!"

Jeongguk's eyes widened before he sighed softly. "No, it's just... you're my older sister, Hye Jin. Your all the family I've got."

Hye Jin rolled her eyes. A bubble forming at the back of her throat that she couldn't just force down. She was out of control and couldn't gather herself together.

I hate when I get like this.

"Hey Jeongguk, I know how you want to continue this conversation but I had a lot on my mind." Hye Jin forced out managing not to fall apart and cry.

Hye Jin hurried to her room, before hearing an actual response. She slammed her door, allowing her tears to wash away her pain.

All she could think about was the fact that Namjoon, as hateful he is, saved her that night. A small smile shoves through her tears before her lips tremble.

He had to see her in such a painful state. Anger sparked at her stomach. How wasn't he as disgusted with her as she was with herself.

Hye Jin was shameful. She didn't want to be seen by anyone. Not after a man, a stranger has been so vile, so abusive, so intrusive.
And especially not by her brother, Jeongguk, nor Jimin.

•••

Namjoon knuckles stilled at the wooden door. Hyperventilating as he debated knocking. His palms were sweaty, as he curled them into a fist.

He wanted to check on Hye Jin. See if she was alright after the incident. Namjoon even bought his favorite flavor of chocolate ice cream just before he arrives. He heard that women love chocolate and what a coincidence.

But he couldn't drag his fist to knock. After what seemed like hours of creeping around, Namjoon decided that it would be best not to push his luck. His heart was heavy as he entered his beaten car.

Namjoon couldn't shake the feeling of what could've perspired last night. Hye Jin was usually a strong woman, from what he witnessed. When his coworkers catcalled her, his blood would boil. That's when he had enough that night and decided to walk her home. Yet every night she took the same empty street home.

Namjoon gripped his hair, pulling it at the ends. "She's fine." He has gotten himself into a little mantra to help him cope.