All I am now is a shell of my former self...

Jeongguk slowly rises free from Hana's tangled arms, careful not to awaken the sleeping woman

"What do you mean? Who is this?" Jeongguk's voice is in a hushed whisper as he glances at his sister's best friend. "This better not be some prank call, or I swear to God I'll-"

The voice chuckles at the protectiveness of his older sister. "I'm Namjoon. I'm surprised you don't recall me. Haven't I met you before? Doesn't Hye Jin talk about me?"

But Jeongguk frowns, "No. Never."

A disappointed sigh echoed through the phone's speakers, "I'm a person of very little importance in her life. Anyways, I found her on Mapo bridge."

Jeongguk's heart shatters. He paces around, treading lightly so his feet don't make any heavy noises. "I knew it!"

"She's safe with me-"

"You're not pulling any moves on her, creep?" Jeongguk pats his pant pockets for his keys.

"Of course not!" The man's voice his deep, drenched in offense. "I'm the one who brought her to you!"

Jeongguk allows his mind to think about that disturbing night. The night that affected Hye Jin so tragically that it trickled down to now; her almost committing suicide. 

"I remember." He does. He remembers a taller, handsome fellow in a busted down car, parking in the lot."I'll pick her up-"

"No!" The voice interrupts before chuckling nervously. "She's been through a lot today. I think she's ashamed..."

But all Jeongguk could think was this stranger is disrespecting the fact that he's Hye Jin's family. Not Namjoon.

"Hey, I'll call you when she's ready. I just wanted to let you know she's safe." The line cuts off as Jeongguk groans loudly.

Uncontrollable anger and pain wells through his chest. He's the one that Hye Jin was supposed to rely on... Why not now?

We're they no longer close?

He hurls the phone across the room, it crashing against the door with a loud sound.

He winces as Hana shoots up awake, slightly disoriented, "Jeongguk?"

She is shocked to she him still inside her home, and a fuzzy feeling warms her heart.

"I'm sorry, please go back to sleep." He mutters his tears falling with a vengeance.

Hana's eyes brows knit together before she strides over to the crying man.

"Hey," the shorter woman stands in front of him, but he averts his eyes. Hana tries to hold his gaze but it comes off as unsuccessful.